Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:24:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

what should i do

Started by djellwanger, Aug 10, 2006, 03:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djellwanger

my wife left me and took my son who since he was born I have been the primary care giver for him . she filed for divorce and sole custudy of him and I finally got a day job that pays good because I had to work nights while she worked days and never got home at a reasonable time for me to get a good job.

patton

You could counter file for custody yourself but you will need to do this asap.  If you can prove you were the primary caregiver for a longer period of time than she is you will have a better chance.  

A lot depends on the state you live in also.  Is it a father friendly state?  

notnew

If you can avoid it at all costs. My mistake too many years ago to make a difference. Keep your life as stable as possible and live clean.

Insist on Joint custody. Don't ever think that if you give in to sole custody she will stop acting like an ass. My mistake too many years ago to make a difference.

The family court system stinks. Dads lose. Kids lose. Do what you can at the onset to preserve your relationship with your child. Any order that gets put into place (DO NOT LET THEM TRICK YOU INTO TEMPORARY ORDERS THAT "CAN BE CHANGED" LATER - IT IS A LIE LIE LIE.) will be probably impossible to change no matter how bad it is. My mistake too many years ago to make a difference.

Catch my drift? Do what you have to so you won't be saying in 6, 10, or 12 years: My mistake too many years ago to make a difference. My child is lost to me for now. Will she ever come back to me? Who knows. I have no control over that anymore and haven't for a long time.

There is a lot of good information on this site. Use it. If you can afford it, get a good lawyer - interview several and check references.

Good luck and I hope for the best for your son's sake.

notnew

Does one actually exist? If so, let's all move there today!