Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:53:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

court preperation

Started by fietts, Aug 26, 2006, 07:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fietts

Good morning all, I am the father of a 20 month old girl, to make a long story short, my daughter's mother have been denying me access to her, I pay my child support consistently as well as other purchase such as clothing and other items as needed.  She refuse to share any information with me when it comes to the welfare and well being of my daughter.  I was completely shut out and was at her mercy when it comes to daughter.  I just could not take it any more and decided to file for joint custody.  This is my first experience with the court system and I wanted to know if anyone could share with me any information on the best way to prepare myself and present to the court my issues and what paper work I would need to bring with me.  I thank you all so much for any assitance, god bless you all.

Neil A Wright

KathyNY

Is your CS taken out of your paycheck?  If not, you will probably need to show cancelled checks or proof that your payments are current.  You say that she has denied you access to your daughter.  I don't know how old your daughter was when you split or if you've had any contact w/ her, but if you have pictures of you & daughter, pics of her w/ your family members, receipts from places you've taken her (like the zoo) (I know she's young, so anything like that, or a play group), any type of proof of your involvement in her life, and receipts of the clothes/shoes you've bought for her, if you still have them (credit card receipts would be the easiest to get if that's how you paid) will show that you are providing for her besides CS.  

Sherry1

married or not, so it is hard to answer your post without more details.