Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:31:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Question re "Written Request of the other" - Ontario

Started by WendeeBee2003, Sep 04, 2006, 12:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WendeeBee2003

Hi there,

Hoping someone may know the answer to this question.

I am the partner of non-custodial BF in this situation - and would like to know when they are corresponding to each other for requests ie:  providing financial information, changing visitation weekends etc. - all their Separation Agreement says is "written request"..  Does this mean actual written letter put in the mail with a post mark or does it mean emailed correspondence?

For the financial information, we believe it to be written request - on a letter - with a postmark and mailed.  The postmark would be our proof.  Especially for the financial information as it can only be requested once per calendar year.  

For the actual changing of weekends - we can understand and accept emailed correspondence as BM changes things on just about every visit with the kids during their visits with their BF.

Does anyone know?  Please advise and thank you in advance...  :)

**  The financial information I am now looking into for him is that his DD is wanting to enroll in Dance as an extra-curricular activity.  We are asking the BM to provide her financial info to look into a proper split of these costs.  Actually, doing a quick google search we see that new laws suggest that a $350.00 charge for this cost would be covered under his child support payments and not considered as an extra-ordinary expense.  Don't know if this is or isn't the case - (comments would be appreciated) - but we are going to pass this along to his lawyer to see if this is infact the case.

junglechicken

First of all, how old is your bf's daughter?

Why do you need bm's financial information in order  to decide whether or not she should be in dance?  Why can you not just discuss it with her, (and by "you", I mean your bf) and decide whether or not she should be in dance?  If bm tries to get bf to pay for most or all of it, and he can't or won't, then there's no dance.  Conversely, if everyone's ok with the child dancing, schedule-wise, but one parent is not willing to pay or provide transportation, the other parent must be willing to shoulder it all, or there is no dance.  That is our situation, and honestly, it works for us.

BM will only pay what she is willing or able to.  Same with bf.  If she says she doesn't want to provide part or all of the funds, you can't come back with "Well, you say you make $X per year, so why not?"  What will that solve?  It'll create a lot of problems.  I think you're making mountain out of a molehill, personally.

"Written request" is up for interpretation, apparently, so CYA as much as possible.  If she doesn't tend to check email in a timely manner, don't email her; just send her letters.

Don't make things more difficult for yourselves than they have to be.

BTW, I'm in Ontario too.  :)