Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:05:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

my kids picture on the internet-someone else put it there

Started by lelliott12, Oct 08, 2006, 02:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lelliott12

I have a question and will take ANY advise.  My x's new "fling" has posted my kid's pictures on a public internet site.  There is nothing inappropriate about the photos, and I am not jealous, I am just really uncomfortable with the pictures being up there.  We had agreed a while back (as my x is a frequent flier on websites like MYSPACE.COM etc) that neither of us would post the kids pictures online...for safety reason.  Now not only is the agreement broken but I have basically been told they do not intend to take the pictures down.  Since I did not consent to the photos being up there is there anything I can do to get them taken down?

Any help would be appreciated.

E.E.

ocean

Post this on the Dear soc board (follow the guidlines-number your questions). He is a lawyer and will give you any laws on this (if any). I would send your ex a certified letter that states "due to safety concerns and the previous agreement, please remove child's picture by XXX date or you will take it court".
Does the web page with the picture post child's name or where they are from?
Good luck!

lelliott12

It is actually up on that Myspace.com site.  Someone else posted a comment about how cute it is and mentioned my daughters name in the comment...so it sort of does.  It doesnt have an address linked to it but it does have the town she lives in half the time listed as the place of residence for the person who has the image on their profile.

Thanks for the help.  I contacted the person incharge of myspace about it as well, i am awaiting their response.