Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:58:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

help-beat the child support sytem

Started by lee1, Jun 21, 2004, 03:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skye

I have been here for years and I am not going to slam you...however when you want help why don't you just be honest and say the facts .. IF there is a book it won't help you but there are guidelines to CS and I know the people here would have been happy to help you look into it regardless of your gender..

should you get out of CS absolutely not I dont care if you are male or female you have an obligation to your kids.. should you pay your entire pay towards it NO ...

try being honest state the facts and ask for insight as to lowering CS to an amount that is fair..we are a family here most of us anyways ..we are very protective over what we believe...

we are not ANY of us people who gave up on anything quite frankly some of us have won and hang around to help others, some of us are fighting a lifelong battle, but regardless we do not endorse any form of cheating the system to keep from paying child support...

AGAIN if you had been honest and stated who you are and what the problem is and asked if anyone might have any insight to help you out in YOUR situation then you might have gotten some help here.

Brent

>Yes I am a
>female and I did indentify myself as male before with the
>hopes I would get information on the nataniol fathers rights
>association child support book.

Great, the first words out of your mouth here were lies. Way to build some trust. Nice sexist attitude you got there, too.

>My current support is more
>than I make, how can I ever hope to get enough money to fight
>my ex husband with no money?

The same way that millions upon millions of divorced fathers in this country do. You don't!  You slide into poverty and become destitute. Welcome to "Equality Land".

You want to be treated equally but you're not prepared to suffer the reality of it actually happening. That's not all that uncommon- I see it often. God forbid that you might have to take the same lumps as men do, equality or not, right? That equality stuff is great until you get to the icky part.

Personally I'm all for equal rights as long as they include equal responsibilities. I'm generalizing, but it seems that many women are in denial of the fact that the whole "equality" thing has very sharp edges. I guess when you're used to being the one wielding the blade you may tend to be ignorant of what the the pointy end is like.

No offense, but I hate being lied to and deliberately deceived. If you'd come here and been straight with me I'd have bent over backwards to help you. Now I don't feel so charitable. If you're polite, I'll do what I can to help. If you slam me with that "MR KNOW IT ALL" crap again, forget it.

Peanutsdad

Thank you skye,,

THAT is probably the huge difference in this site from some others. No one here advocates cheating the system, walking away from responsibilities, denying our children ANYTHING,, DESPITE the frequent times we see members raked over the coals. We keep fighting. We fight within the framework that exists,, biased as it is.

Skye is right,, some of us have won,, we dont HAVE to keep coming here for a daily dose of reality,, but we do. Parents that have won,, keep coming back, and sharing that experience with others. In part, to let them know,, it is NOT hopeless, it CAN be done, it DOES happen, and it's happening more frequently. The difference lee,, is not one parent here that has won for their child/ren advocate using underhanded methods, cheating the system, lying, fraud,,,, need me to go on?

If you are truly stripped of your pilots license, then you should have absolutely no difficulty in getting a cs reduction. Personally, I'd like to see the documents associated with your case. If you are right,, then members here could probably help. BUT, if you are blowing smoke,, yer screwed.

lee1

Yes, I can see now that the term "MR KNOW IT ALL" would be a misnomer when applied to your mentality.

Peanutsdad

Brent

.....the truth hurts, doesn't it?

>Yes, I can see now that the term "MR KNOW IT ALL"
>would be a misnomer when applied to your mentality.

Yes, actually it would be "MR KNOWS IT ALL".  ;)

Anyway, when you stop having your hissy fit, you let us know. If you want assistance, this is a good place to get it, but there's a limit to how much people here will put up with before they start to ignore you.

jilly

It was actually pure accident that I found this case, but when I read it I thought of lee1's post.  I was doing some research on NC Child Support Guidelines on The Rosen Law Firm website and they have a section for cases. This case was on their website. So, I can't take ALL the credit! LOL

As for the reason why lee1 is no longer a pilot, I fully realize that the airlines have been having a very hard time since 9/11.  However, I doubt very serioulsy that 9/11 had anything to do with it. If she had that attitude when she was a pilot then she has no business dealing with the public. Also, I don't see how being a diabetic would have any effect on keeping your pilot's license. Lots of people have diabetes but that doesn't prevent them from obtaining and keeping jobs. Some of which may involve the safety of others.

Lastly, I admit to assuming that lee1 was male.  The "fact" that she just now states her gender is very interesting.  Did she think she'd get a better response if we all assumed she was male?  Sounds to me like someone from a pro-woman/mother forum came in here to stir up trouble.  And she dang sure found it! LOL

Kitty C.

You come here with a chip on your shoulder, you lie, and you give us the impression that you're trying to scam to get 'out' of the financial responsibility of your child, and you expect us to be charitable to you???  Forget it!  I've been on this site almost since inception and I agree with all the other posters here, especially PD and Brent.  You get NOWHERE on this site by acting like that.

Now, if you had told us from the get-go that you are female, that you lost your job and that you're ordered to pay more in support than what you earn and are looking on how to get your support MODIFIED so that you CAN afford it, THEN we would have bent over backwards to help you in any way we could.

But you come here on the attack and slam everyone who responds to you??  HEY!!  Guess what????  Your clue phone has been ringing ever since Brent's first response!  When you gonna pick it up?????
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Brent

Of course, who knows if what we're hearing now is legit? I suppose it doesn't really matter in an abstract sense, but (like virtually everyone here) we have no way of knowing if anyone is being truthful when they relate their situation (and to what extent, as well).

For me, I generally take every story/situation at face value for the most part. If it turns out that someone is BS'ing, I just chalk it up to "training" or a "practice run", and wait for a real one to come along. :)  The actual truth of their story doesn't matter to me in the sense that I'd give them the same advice regardless of whether their story was true or not.

So people that come here and lie about their situation or gender get the same response as the ones who don't, and that throws 'em- they're expecting that their (claimed) gender will make a difference in the help or advice that they get. When it doesn't they usually get upset. lol

Because most people here are realistic, experienced, and praSLURPic, they focus on the nuts and bolts of the problem or situation. If there are kids involved, their welfare is usually considered first, instead of what's good for mom or dad.  I'd say 99.9% of the time it doesn't matter whether you portray yourself in here as male or female, the responses you'll get will probably be the same.

Lee1 came here as a 'man' and got told there was no magic solution to suddenly stopping child support, and that 'he' should file for a reduction.
If Lee1 had come in to the forum as a 'woman' instead, she would have gotten the exact same advice. I guess that's the point I'm trying to make in my usual long-winded way. ;)

MYSONSDAD

My mama always said, Once a liar always a liar.

The economy has been bad for everyone. Hard to find a job to make ends meet. How many here pay too much in support and fight to get it reduced. How many go into court facing so many lies, their toes curl.

This person needs a reality check. She's not happy, she is getting a taste of what we have to deal with.

Now the shoe is on the other foot.