Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

help-beat the child support sytem

Started by lee1, Jun 21, 2004, 03:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

'If Lee1 had come in to the forum as a 'woman' instead, she would have gotten the exact same advice.'

EXACTLY, Brent.  But people who try to bite the hand that feeds them usually get bit back.  And you're right again about the deception. We have NO way of knowing which 'story' is the truth, or even if any of it is, for that matter.  So there's no reason for us to trust anything else...........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Peanutsdad

LOL, and whats REALLY funny,, if they lyin about their situation,, the advise wont help a bit anyhoo. THATS why I could care less. If a poster is truthful,, they help they recieve IS helpful,, but misrepresenting the facts of a case,, kills anything we could tell em.

Hawkeye

I could be wrong, but last I knew, insulin taking diabetics cannot not hold a pilots license. Seems if he/she has ever been in an airplane, he/she must have been shortchanged some oxygen. LOL

jilly

OK...I know nothing about what is required to obtain and maintain a pilot's license. I'm a paralegal not a pilot! LOL
Also, she only said that she's a diabetic...didn't state that she's insulin dependent. Not all diabetics have to give themselves injections.

Dr.Stepmom

Also, I find it interesting that she misspelled diabetes (diabeties).  You think an intelligent person (such as someone possessing a pilot's license) with a chronic disease might just be aware of how that disease is spelled.  Intelligent person...maybe I made a wrong assumption?

Astro

As I happen to be a pilot and not a paralegal :) I can at least help with this one....

Airline pilots must have a Class I medical.  One of the requirements is:

§ 67.113   General medical condition.
(a) No established medical history or clinical diagnosis of diabetes mellitus that requires insulin or any other hypoglycemic drug for control.

Kitty C.

And that means ANY drug used to control it, not just the injectable kind.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Mom2004

You go back to court and show you lost your job and show a detailed job search. Get the best job you can and show your income and modify CS. It can be done....

I don't support parents that financially walk away from their children, pay the proper CS as per your guidelines.

jilly

Alrighty then!! Thanks for the info!  :-)

TMO

I saw an ad on a Usenet newsgroup one time for a book like you're describing with a tale of a guy who went homeless and went to jail but then figured out how to beat the system, blah, blah, blah, 24.95 or whatever. Looked like a scam to me.

I know there was a story in the St. Louis Post awhile back about a guy who was disabled and living off SSD, and had hepatitis and about 3 other diseases (including manic depression, and maybe diabetes if I remember right, and some other stuff) and was preparing to be sentenced to a jail term for non-support if that gives you any idea of what you are facing.

I can personally tell you I've never been divorced, and my wife has never been given custody by any court and I have been forced to pay child support arrears at times as if I was a deadbeat dad- even while supporting my wife and kids financially- because my wife filed for public assistance and I wasn't notified. IOW, there are even loopholes to get dads considered to have joint custody, during a marriage, and WHILE paying support.

For some reason most of the public has got this idea in their head that support is a lot easier to get out of than it is. There isn't any loophole that I know of to get out of it. Even if you vanish and work for cash, you could easily go to jail after a routine traffic stop. My understanding is that unemployment, disability, prison, or just about anything you can think of aren't considered any type of excuse for nonpayment, and the most you can ever hope for is a reduction for very special circumstances, which strangely enough will cost you money to get in the first place.