Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:09:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

sample order to define school district?

Started by spinner, Nov 02, 2006, 11:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Hi,
We are writing our own stipulation with ex and I am looking for samples from others on how to phrase where ur kid will go to school.

He is n K right now and we intend to put that he stays in the school district, possibly same school or not within district, ...

I am looking for samples, thanks

mistoffolees

I can't help you, but be sure that you consider the future. Few people stay in the same location forever, so you'll probably eventually have to make the decision again. Be sure that there's a mechanism for that without having to go back to court.

spinner

right.
I am the non custodial parent even though we are doing 50/50 of the time. I bought my home in the current school district where our kid goes for the sole purpose of schoool location so I am not moving anytime soon. Not in the next 5 years anyway. The mom lives not too far but she rents, ... thus our decision to leave him in my school district because it is stable.

any samples are welcome

mistoffolees

That's my point. If you're the non-custodial parent, what happens in 2 years when she decides to buy a house 100 (or even 1000) miles away? She can pretty much do whatever she wants. That's why I suggested trying to work out an understanding NOW of how you'll deal with that issue when it comes up in the future (and it probably will).

Even as the NCP, you'd like to have some input into the decision. If she gets a new job next year 1000 miles away, I assume that you'd still like some input into the decision. I'd request it now.

Good luck.

spinner

well it's already delt with in our divorce that our child has to stay in the state.
So if we work something where she agrees that he can go to my school district, .. if she moves 1000 miles away, our child is staying where he is at.

If she moves 30 miles away and want to change school, that's not gona happen if she enters an agreement now to leave our child in his school, ...

she'd loose a custody fight.
we have shared legal and 50/50 parenting time.

any judges would side on leaving the child in the same school especialy if we have an agreement.

we have been divorced for a while, most of the other issues have been delt with, ...

But school is a new issue for us :)