Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:09:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What should they do?

Started by sherrie ohio, Nov 13, 2006, 12:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherrie ohio

I'm asking on behalf of friend's.The husband has a child from a past relationship,before his current marriage took place.He recently found out the child was his and has visetation's every other weekend.
The child came to their home on a recent viset and stated she had started her period.The couple are realy worried,the child is still in the single degit's as far as age.And she has a small body frame.
Have any of you heard of a child haveing their period at and early age?Is this comon?They asked the child if she had any kind of accident ,and she said no.
The couple dont know what direction to go,they dont want to look like their causeing trouble.But dont want to let it go in case it's more.
What should they do???????????

Ref

http://www.webmd.com/hw/raising_a_family/tp21127.asp

I don't think it is rare for a girl to start around 9-10 nowdays. Some say its because of the hormones in beef and milk. I'm not sure. I suggest googling Menache (this means the first period). You may come up with more helpful information.

Good Luck
Ref

sherrie ohio

Thank's for the information! We'll give it a try.They were just a little scared in our day it was 12- 13-14,and this child hasn't hit 9-10 yet.

Ref

It is called premature menache if the child is under 8 or 9. As I understand it, it could be due to some medical problems. You may want to consult with your GYN. They may be able to offer advice.

Best wishes
Ref

sherrie ohio

Found out today from the BM extened family,that the child in question told them the following when they ask why she had pad's in with her packed clothing.That her mom wanted them to think she was on her period.And now their questioning why?
My friends were takeing the BM and child's word that she had started and had seen the pad's and other items.Now they don't know what to think.
Time will tell I guess,I just hate seeing adult's useing their kid's as pawns!And I'm wondering if this isn't what's going on now...

Kitty C.

.......that's just sick and twisted!  Personally, I would ask the school counselor or nurse if she/he was aware of this and if the child brought them to school as well.  JMO, but I feel this psycho needs to be reported somehow!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

mistoffolees

Probably not a problem. My SD started hers when she was 8 and the doctor wasn't at all concerned. It's happening earlier and earlier.

Jade

>I'm asking on behalf of friend's.The husband has a child from
>a past relationship,before his current marriage took place.He
>recently found out the child was his and has visetation's
>every other weekend.
>The child came to their home on a recent viset and stated she
>had started her period.The couple are realy worried,the child
>is still in the single degit's as far as age.And she has a
>small body frame.
>Have any of you heard of a child haveing their period at and
>early age?Is this comon?They asked the child if she had any
>kind of accident ,and she said no.
>The couple dont know what direction to go,they dont want to
>look like their causeing trouble.But dont want to let it go in
>case it's more.
>What should they do???????????

My grandmother started her period when she was in the single digits (she was 9 years old).  

Having a small body frame doesn't mean that you won't start your period early.  

HelpingHands

If she hasn't actually started that's sad that her mother would put an emotional trip on her daughter.

If she HAS started, it may be prepubesent puberty. The early onset of puberty.