Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:43:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Email tracking software

Started by Ref, Dec 12, 2006, 08:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Judge ordered that PBFH and DH communicate through email. We purchased a tracking software (readnotify) but it doesn't seem to work when aol receives the email (PBFH has aol).

Any suggestions?

Ref

notnew

Ref,

Do you have Microsoft Outlook? I do at work and can tag e-mails to give me a delivery receipt and ask for a read receipt (however, the read receipt is unreliable since the recipient can choose to send a read receipt or not). However, it will give you the delivery receipt.

I don't know anything about tracking software. Maybe you can suggest to the ex that a separate e-mail account be set up for these e-mails only? Maybe one box that you both have the passwords for and can send your e-mails there and retrieve them? I'm not sure what I mean exactly, it's getting complicated in my mind so I am thinking that is not a good idea.

I hate aol. My hotmail account has the same issue and doesn't show when the e-mails were sent like Outlook does. If you have Outlook at work, do your e-mails from there so you have some type of proof on your end.

What a silly order. It is sad that the courts have to parent adults in this way when one party is acting like such an arse. In the same boat and I know the court's hate this. Unfortunately, it's (us) the good guys who end up suffering from these types of childish behaviors.

good luck.

Ref

The delivery reciept works wonderfully. It isn't as good as far as evidence, but I think it may be good enough and it gets through the aol filters.

I am actually thrilled that the judge put that order in place. DH and PBFH can not communicate verbally. BM yells and screams and then says things really loud like "I'm not taking your abuse anymore" so that Sd thinks DH is being horrible. I'm in the room with DH most of the time and he is usually really calm and collected and it is she who is making theats and insulting.

Dh has made every attempt at putting everything in writing, to avoid and "misunderstandings". We live 1500 miles from BM and SD so if it is immediate, he has to send it over night. BM has refused all overnight or certified communications from him. This has cost us about $200.

BM sued Dh for not giving notification of a trip we took with Sd. DH provided the court with a stack of returned UPS's and Certified letters and stated that all of them were notifications that she refused. He also provided a letter in which BM admitted to blocking his email address and a printout from readnotify.com statig that DH's address was blocked.

The judge agreed that the relationship was too hostile and that written communication was best. Email is free and accessable to both parties, so he ordered that that be the main form of communication. This was a win because DH has been asking BM to use this form of communication for years.

In a normal relationship, I would think that the judge wouldn't order this, but it is apparent that BM will not communicate unless ordered.

The question is, will she accept emails from DH, eventhough the judge ordered it? Will she take the co-parenting class as ordered? probably not.

Thanks again for the tip,
Ref

notnew

You used PBFH - not seen a lot on here anymore. I can tell you are an old timer too. I've been around here for many years. Used another name originally then was "made" and now am undercover.

Sounds like you've got a winner. I'm in the same boat. Sad to say, I've just let it go at this point. My kid is so PAS'd that it's like dealing with a carbon copy of my ex now in thoughts and actions. One day, I hope things will turn around. Whenever I get an e-mail I answer it promptly. I always say I love you when the rare phone call comes, but I haven't seen my kid in almost 6 months. Oh yeah, the judge said there is no PAS, this is not what's going on here. Yeah, right. The court together with my ex became the biggest stumbling block for me in being a father to and having a relationship with my child. I can only hope that some of what I instilled in the first few years when I was the stay at home parent have taken root somewhere in there and comes out some day.

Good luck with the e-mail.

Ref

I am just an idiot and couldn't remember my old one when they switched format. I has been many many years since I started on this board. I don't know what I would do without it.

I am thinking Sd will figure out that DH is pretty much powerless at this point in making her see him any day now. Right now she thinks that she has no choice but to see him. I imagine there will be many many months without her in the future. I am planning to use all the money that we spend on her while she is with us  and my time off from work on traveling to wonderful locations to keep our mind off of it.

Thanks
Ref

Ref

It took BM 3 days to open her email, but it did work. I am guessing that she never uses the old email address anymore but when she recieved the letter in the mail saying that it was sent to her aol account, she was curious to open it. Success!!!

The only thing I am left wondering is if she will start checking that address without DH having to send a duplicate letter. Not too much to worry about!

Ref

MYSONSDAD

A friend of mine had this in their order. He uses yahoo. Might want to check it out.

"Children learn what they live"