Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Contempt of court issues

Started by environmental energy, Jan 19, 2007, 12:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

environmental energy

In the temperary order I was ordered to look for a 20 job search, but  I've been working self employed. I have meet the income the courts have allocated for me to make, so I work when I don't have my daughter and stay home with her on my joint custody visits. My daughter is only just three. I was a stay at home father since she was born. My wife was ordered to pay child support to me, she was the household income provider and now also wants me to pay half of the real estate Taxes too. She has paid them the last 4 years and is living in our house now.She has also paid off a car and took it out of our joint account and took out a loan in her account that she opened in her own name. She also claimes and I have sent letters that sonmeone has mailed to her co-workers bashing her, that I wouldn't even think about writing ( I think she wrote them herself )
So I'm beeing charged with Contempt of not looking for a job and harassment because the letters. My lawyer says don't worry about it, What do you guys think.

Ref

I wouldn't worry about it but I would prepare myself.

Were you self-employed when the temp order was filed? It seems to reason that if you are making enough money, there is no reason to keep looking for a job.

Also, how will she prove that you haven't been looking. You can easily tell the court that you have been looking but this business has taken off and there is no job out there that will pay the same amount.

I would see if you can get copies of the letters that BM claims you wrote so that you can prepare your arguement against them. Maybe she tried to forge your signature and you can show how different they are.

If your lawyer isn't worried I wouldn't be worried. I don't think these contempts are something a judge will take seriously and it seems your attorney feels the same.

Ref

environmental energy

I was a stay at home Dad worked on the side when she allow the time

BM most be x-wife to be?
BM has a PHD in Social Work and Works as a Professpor at our local college. I believe she has hormornal problems or could be bi-polar her mood swings have been severe since she became PG 3 years. We order a psych evauation, but she can be very manliputate :waiting for results. On them last interview with the psych for me It was all about my job history and she got to him first> Finally said is this about child support and he ask to you think it is and I said yes that BM was pissed off about paying support BM just got done paying her other x off because the child turned 18 on top of all this she has had two abortions.
I wasn't raised to hate!!