Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 06:35:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

time limit to file an appeal

Started by tilldeathdouspart, Mar 28, 2007, 04:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Well, not many people enjoy going to court and paying more lawyer fees and are very deflated once they lose in J & D.  We did not know this is how it worked until last year when dh was looking into appealing because the older, retired judge we had in J & D, simply did not like ss..and he was very biased in our opinions.  SS was 14 and judge said he wasnt giving ss what he wanted.  Told dh he didnt know why he would want him anyway.

When we found out that it would not be a state level appeal, we were just waiting for the signed order to appeal.  Luckily, bm's lawyer would not sign it....first said he never received it, then took weeks....by that time we had more reason to go back..and a type of emergency hearing was scheduled for judge to reconsider since the other order had never been inacted.  

DH got custody that time.  Now that we are under that judge, I am sure all cases will be heard through him...so, if we go back and dont like it...I am sure dh would appeal to circuit.  I have no idea what those judges are like...other than dh has been there for a couple of civil cases and they went well in his favor....

cinb85

I was just curious if we live in the same area.

Have a great day!