Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:48:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Work schedules

Started by gemini3, Apr 06, 2007, 07:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

My fiance's ex (she's the CP) has recently gotten a job.  I have two questions:

1.  Does she have to tell him what her work schedule is?  She has so far refused to do so.  He wants to know for a couple of reasons, the foremost being that he needs to know when she's at work if there's an emergency because he can't reach her by cell phone when she's at work.  The other reason is to know if there's a child care issue.

2.  Does she have to disclose her income?  She got the job because her request for CP modification was denied because there was no change in circumstance.  (She was unemployed when it was set, she was unemployed when she filed for modification.)  So she went out and got a job almost immediately.  We know she's about to re-file for a modification.

cinb85

No she doesn't HAVE to tell him what her work schedule is.  But for the child's sake she should give him a phone number where she can be reached at anytime.  

She doesn't have to disclose her income to your fiance, but she does have to disclose her income if she files for a modification.

wysiwyg

Just FYI, the only way she would have to disclose her work schedule was if it is addressed somehow in the courts orders.  It could be somehting as plain as that or something to the effects of workiing around work schedules for parenting time.  

However, in absence of a court order, cin is right, for the childs safety and interest - all parties should exchange this important info in the event an emergency arises.

FLMom

I'd tend to think if there was something in the court order that pertained to the right of first refusal, she would have to give her schedule at work. I'd ask an attorney about this one.

As for the income issue, I'd be begging her in my head to go back and file for a modification. Her income would have to be considered in my state, and you'd get a breakdown of it in the paperwork. Different states do things different ways, though. I'd add that to the list to ask the attorney, or just go to your state's site that has a listing of law forms. In our state, if you file for a modification you also have to fill out a financial affidavit and if there's a reason for going differently from the state ordered amount, a motion to deviate from CS guidelines. It tells you in ours what forms need to go with what in the instructions included with the forms.

What state do you live in? I don't mind looking them up for you if you'd like.

FLMom

mistoffolees

1. As others have said, she doesn't have to tell him anything, but should at least give him a phone number.

2. Unless there's something pretty bizarre about your current support situation, her getting a job might constitute a change in circumstances sufficient to change support, but it's not likely to be in her favor. You can estimate what she's making (you must have SOME idea of what kind of job she's capable of doing) and use your online calculator to see what impact it would have on support. It's more likely to reduce your fiancee's support obligation than to increase it.

Jade

>1. As others have said, she doesn't have to tell him
>anything, but should at least give him a phone number.
>
>2. Unless there's something pretty bizarre about your current
>support situation, her getting a job might constitute a change
>in circumstances sufficient to change support, but it's not
>likely to be in her favor. You can estimate what she's making
>(you must have SOME idea of what kind of job she's capable of
>doing) and use your online calculator to see what impact it
>would have on support. It's more likely to reduce your
>fiancee's support obligation than to increase it.

Not necessarily.  In my state, it is more likely to increase the support than decrease it.