Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sort of had a hearing

Started by awakenlynn, Jul 11, 2007, 07:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awakenlynn

We would never have considered monitoring SD's calls.  And yes, the cell phone wore off quite fast.  She loses the charger constantly and if that isn't lost the phone is.  It is really hard when she is with her mother, since there is no land line to get ahold of the SD, and mom won't answer her cell phone if she knows it's my husband calling.

As to when the ex calls my husband, our attorney told us to tape those.  We are looking around for what might work for us and have already checked the laws in the 2 states-both are one party states, thankfully!  IL where the case used to be, was a 2-party state.

So we deal with ex (sort of- SD won't turn on cell phone, so ex is having to call after the court ordered hours on the house phone) for the next week.

Thanks,
Lynn

mistoffolees

>Ex was saying that she wanted day time hours, so my husband
>could not "monitor" calls.

Which was exactly my point. Seems to me that ex has a right to have her calls private. The fact that you STATE that you would never consider monitoring calls is not sufficient protection of her right to privacy.

As for "I can't believe they all spent 8 hours in the court house", keep in mind that it takes two to have a fight. You're just as responsible for all the expense and hassle as ex is.

Seems to me like you're spending a lot of time and money over insisting on your ability to control the situation.