Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Right of Refusal

Started by IndyUser, Sep 24, 2008, 03:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyUser

Hi
I really need some help with understanding this law.
My ex. brings this up when he shows upusually 30 mins to 60 minutes early without calling to pick up our daughter at my mothers house.  My fiance picks her up after school ( during my custody time while im at work ) and usually drops her off at my mothers house, but sometimes they go out. She either remains with my mother or him until her father visitation time and they meet at my mothers house unless already their before he shows up

My question is... Does the right of refusal apply in this senario?
We have a divorce degree set up and it mentions nothing of first right.
And we chose not to follow Indiana State guidelines.

Any help would be helpful aswell as the best attorney refferal in Indiana for custody modification.  

Zephyr

First right of refusal is usually specified in orders. Basically it means if the parent who has possession of the child is unable to care for the child for a specified period of time, then the other parent has the first option to provide care for the child before a third party...

If you are not there to care for the child, why is it a big deal if the other parents cares for the child?

iceclimber

what is the current parenting time arrangement?
are you primary?

i explained in my email.... hope you got it.

Davy

Iceclimber .........

The poster was clear and concise in the question and another poster was clear and concise in the response.

Your questions are silly and irrelevant.  Is there another way I can help you ?  

Ref

Can you not jump down well-intentioned people's throats? I normally try to ignore you, but you are really just being pissy here.

I think it is fine that you thought her questions were irrelevant but it was entirely disrespectful for you to respond to her that way. Maybe it would have been a tad more helpful for you to explain why you thought the questions were irrelevant rather than simply insult her and dismiss her that way.

If you want to have a discussion about this I will look for you on the Open Discussion board.

Ref

Davy

Ref... I hope you continue to ignore me.  That's Ok !  My posts are generally kind and considerate and I often even try to explain that I'm not trying to be difficult or condensending.

Believe me, I'm not just pounding plastic fo the sake of drama.  

In the past I have tried to encourage Iceclimber to confer with her children's father (50/50) in hopes her children would benefit for a calm and peaceful existence.  Zero response except to turn the berating zingers on me (along with her girls' club) ..... I did what is right for the children,  YOU DIDN't.

I'm really still being nice...I'm not a boyfriend, an old boyfriend, a husband or an ex-husband.  I've never apologized for having a penus and I sure as hell not going to start now.

You're good Ref and I for one generally appreciate your input (except Ice).   In consideration to your husband,  I do hope someday when you have children you will agree with me.