Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PLEASE READ! Is a DFACS case manager the same as CPS??

Started by mitchell4, Sep 26, 2008, 11:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchell4

Is a DFACS Social Services Case Manager the same as CPS? I had a DFACS worker come to my home because of a call she received. She had a police officer with her so I let her in for a moment. My husband wasn't home so she has scheduled a visit for next week. My question is does the following reply (link is below) also apply to my situation. None of the accusations are true and this is the third time I've been harassed by these people in the last 3 years, although nothing has ever happened with any of their investigations. Thanks for any help!

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/cpswarrant.php

Ref

It seems like that is the case. I believe different states have different names for CPS workers.

Sounds to me like you should call an attorney.

Best wishes,
Ref

iceclimber

i emailed you. did you get it?

DFACS... or DCF is the Department of Family and Children Services. and yes essentially they are the same as CPS (which is what some states call it)

please check you email.... the fact that a police officer was present makes me think that the allegations are of a criminal nature.

and how you handle allegations of this nature is VERY important.

don't discuss criminal issues on this board... that is why i emailed you.

Davy

For sake of clarity and to answer your question, DCFS is an acroynm for the Department of Children and Family Service while CPS is an acroynm for Child Protective Services.  DCFS and CPS normally are organized and function exactly the same but are known by a different name depending on the state jurisdiction.  

In recent years, DCFS/CPS activities have been outsourced to private companys or reorganized within a jurisdiction often to a sheriff dept and thus renamed for example to DFACS whatever that acronynm means.
These folks are caseworkers licensed to carry...... and have arrest powers.

There is no particular need to be alarmed with criminal charges at this time or removal of a child, etc.  These actions normally occur on an emergency basis.

Contrary to other advice you have received .... I have never known of anyone with arrest authority to make an appointment a week out to effectuate an arrest or a removal.  How silly !!  The same is true of hiring an attorney at his point...these agencys are required by law to investigate every accusation and a very high percentage are resolved as unfounded which apparantly you are ready know.  Accusations from non-family members are given more authenticity.  Only you will know if legal assistance is required.

Moreover, it is best to defer to any info. found on this site rather than those of us that currently may be posting.  That infomation has been validated as reasonable and coorectness by this site administrators.

At the same time, if necessary, please make any needed corrections.

The worst thing for a child is to be under the influence or control of the state or to have a parent removed from the household......many children and parents have been without justification.  

Ref