Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My six year old daughter....

Started by sweetnsad, Mar 04, 2004, 05:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetnsad

My daughter will be six this month and is in Kindergarden...she is a very, very mild tempered little girl...wouldn't say s**t if her mouth was full of it and never fights back...basically, she never shows her temper, just does what she's asked and that's it.

My problem is this...my daughter is a potential bullying target...a couple of girls in her class are very aggressive and get right in her face, sometimes saying mean things.  My daughter doesn't know how to handle this and frankly, I don't know what to tell her to do.  I was bullied in school really bad and I don't want her to go through that hell, but I also don't want her to become mean and aggressive, resorting to violence in any way.  

Does anyone have any ideas how I can handle this appropriately?
Thanks....

Peanutsdad

Unfortunately yes.

My own daughter was like that when she started school, and what she had to learn,, was how to stand up to bullies. She has not become mean or aggressive, but she dont take any shit off of playground bullies either.

Sadly enough,,, thats life.

Indigo Mom

http://www.bullies2buddies.com/manual/kids/index.html

Read all the "lessons" down at the bottom.  Your daughter will learn ALOT from this.  (there's a parents manual, too)  I have printed it all out...takes alotta ink and paper, but WELL worth it.

I think this is one of the greatest websites about bullying....