Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 02:26:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Privacy issues with 2 SS's

Started by smtotwo, Apr 28, 2004, 08:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

My SS's are here eow.  At our house with my 12 yr old son the rule is,
he is not allowed to play th PS2.  He has a N64 and a super nintendo.
The PS2 belongs to DH and myself.  We also have DVD's that are kept
in our room because they are innapropiate for the kids, Pink Floyd The Wall, Road to Perdition, Phonebooth.  

I also work 2 jobs on weekends. 1-from 7am-noon and  2-from 1:30-7.

These are my problems right now, the skids have NO respect for whats in our room.  If DH is outside and I'm working they play the PS2 and watch DVD's in our room.  He doesn't tell them they can't be in there and when I have my 1 hr break between jobs my room is full of kids!!

The games for playstation are Crazy Taxi and Max Paine, they should NOT be playing Max Paine or 007, EVER!!  Thats why I put it in our room!!

How do I deal with this?  Its just so many little things,  There are things that I buy for everyone like Ben & Jerry's.  If they finish theirs then they eat whoevers is in the freezer.

I have had it with DH not doing anything about this.  If I have to, I may start locking the door while I'm at work.  I shouldn't do that to DH but if he won't do anything then I'm going to.

So, any suggestions would be GREAT!!  Thanks everybody!

joni

obviously, these children have no discipline at the mom's.  the problem is your home is your DH.  he's got to set the rules and the discipline, they're his kids.  I'm sure the BM tells the kids not to listen to you, SM, on top of it.

make a statement to your DH.  I'd put a padlock on your bedroom door (also his, I know) to keep everyone out....including DH, until he gets that you're serious and shows some respect for you too.

Kitty C.

We had some privacy issues, tho not anything like yours, and we changed our bedroom door to a keyed lock.  And only DH and I have a key.  This is definitely something you need to do NOW.

As for the rest, is sounds like your DH has gotten into a rut that many NCP's do, afraid to discipline for fear that the kids won't want to come back.  But all it does is create many other problems, something the PBFH is counting on.  He must put his foot down and together you must present a UNITED front to all the kids.  Without it, you will have nothing but chaos.

You might also want to check out drphil.com, as they cover some similar issues today.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Peanutsdad

Bring your DH to the computer,,, I have a coupla things to tell him.

Yo,, spineless!!!! Grow a set of nads man and get control of your kids.

You show your wife and her son disrespect by having different rules for her son and your kids.

YOU are creating resentments and problems in your home by this. You have already been thru a divorce once,, lookin for a round two???

wendl

well my stepsons ages 7 & 9 play those games at their moms, we will not allow it.

DH needs to set rules and make the kids go by it while at your house, put a lock on your door if need be.

The kids need to know that their are consequences for their actions (going into your room, using your things etc) without permission.

That is what we do at our house, my stepsons and my son all ask if they can play dh's games (if age approperaite) or DVD's or they ask me, they know better than to take it without permission.

So basically I feel you all need to have a family meeting and set the rules and everyone DH included must go by the house rules.