Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 07:04:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

School play question

Started by tjraid18, May 19, 2004, 07:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

In this case, it really doesn't make any difference taht the event is at the school, this issue would come up ANYWHERE an event takes place that the child participates in and both parents want to attend.  The issue is whether his order specifically prevents him from attending (RO) or if they just cannot meet (no-contact).  The superintendent can give his blessings, but if the the order specifically states that they cannot be anywhere near each other, the only way I could see he could attend is either with the judge's approval or if he takes LE with him for witnesses.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

tjraid18

I'll look up the the wording in the papers tonight, but I'm sure it states that I'm to have "no contact" with the ex. Thats it. No specifics. I remember asking my attorney and I also asked the court clerk what exactly no contact entails. I told them it was kind of vague and I wanted to know. They were no help. Basically they intimated that in situations that are questionable..... don't take a chance. It hasn't really been an issue untill I recently decided to start trying to enforce my parental rights again. You know----- I'm going to go to the courthouse right now and not leave untill I get some clarification on the no contact. I'll let you guys know what I find out. And I thank you for the responses and suggestions. Much appreciated.

~ From small acorns grow mighty Oaks ~  
                                                                                 tj  

tjraid18

Jiminy Crickett!!! Theres no hope. Nobody seems to really know anything about anything. Who's running this show anyway. How does anything ever get done? I went to the courthouse and talked to the court clerk, who told me she didn't know ---- talk to the D.A. upstairs; The D.A. clerk told me she didn't know and there was no one I could talk to at the time and if there was they probably wouldn't talk to me because I'm the prosecutee. The D.A. clerk told me to try asking the attorney who represented me even though it was February of 2003. I went to attorneys office and he's not in. I really don't feel comfortable having to ask him without at least paying a consultation fee anyway. So I asked the domestic relations court clerk and she said she would go, but stay clear of the ex. Hopefully I'll find out soon.