Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:30:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Missing Girl ......

Started by tjraid18, May 28, 2004, 05:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjraid18

..... In Corvallis, OR.

A B.Y.U. student from California came to Corvallis for a visit and has gone missing. The police say there is foul play involved and their is a large search effort being made. Local news stations are here. The Church of Jesus christ of Latter Day Saints has been organizing group search efforts and awareness efforts. The community is getting involved with volunteer efforts. Corvallis usually doesn't see these kinds of things.
  My heart goes out to the girls family and friends. And I hope and pray she turns up somewhere alive and o.k.
  But I can't help but wonder why people don't see the pain non-custodial fathers go through when their children are taken from them. Wouldnt it be great if news stations, police, churches, and the community would rise up and support all the parents who CANNOT ever see their kids because of divorce. My daughters birthday was just the other day, and for all I know she could be in the hospital, or kidnapped, or who knows what!!! I could go into a lot of negative things right now, but I won't. I said it before. And I'm sure a lot of dads will agree. I feel just like my kids were kidnapped and I'm being forced to pay ransom monthly while I'm held in submission by my government and my society. I DO NOT MISS my son or daughter any less than the parents and siblings of the girl who was abducted!!!! I DO NOT LOVE THEM any less than those people love their daughter. My kids are every bit as important as the girl missing. And so am I. So whats wrong with this picture? Why is this happening?
  There are flyers with the missing girls picture, name , and contact info. all over town. Some street blocks have a flyer every ten feet.
  Why are'nt people doing anything to help me be able to see my kids the way they are for this girl?
  There is something very wrong and it needs to be fixed. Our children deserve it!!!!!

Peanutsdad

The difference in the publics and the medias eye is this: Your kids are with a parent,,, this missing girl was likely taken by a stranger,, and more than likely is dead.

It's oranges and pinapples. No way to compare the two.

Now,, it still doesnt make what happens in family courts right, but its not foul play.

tjraid18

It is different, I know. But in many ways it is not so different. My tears are just as wet. My life just is just as empty as any other parent who has had their child kidnapped. My and my kids sense of loss is the same if not worse. Because we know each other are there somewhere. But we are not allowed to share the love and togetherness we were meant to. That right has been taken from us. Thats foul play.