Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:34:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Joint custody

Started by WAdad, Jul 01, 2004, 12:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

you have mail

:)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

mango

We are dealing with the same thing. We have joint custody, meaning joint decision making, and consulting with each other in all matters concerning the child. However for school placement it had to be one or the other and the mother has the district–as written "for school placement purposes only". Nothing more....

Well SHE seems to think it's a licence to put her in assorted activities without consent of the father and force him to drive all over town daily to this and that lesson. Meanwhile we have a family of our own that deserves to have dinners together and plane ol "togetherness" period.

We are currently in court over a Swim Club that the BM insisits that the father cooperate with and bring SD to her practices. Well they practice 5X per week and travel on weekends to meets. That leaves zero family time for father. Just driving around with his SD. He has his other kidds and wife as well. This is ALL YEAR long too. Not seasonal or temporary. No one should be asked to do that on a constant. His own kids need him at home too.

Our attorney said BM is in contempt for enrolling her without consent of the father. Because DH clearly told her he was not in favor of the swimming before enrolling. He has some say, I'd hope. Especially if expected to participate so vastly.

We have court set for August 5th. But hopefully a judge will recognize that the mother only wants to make the father work so hard for his relationship, and she also wants to fill her daughters time with stuff to prevent her from bonding with the fathers family. The childs half-siblings–which SD loves very much.

Check your rights, I bet SHE is in contempt of not consulting with you in decsions. Come up for yourself or she will bull-doze you forever.

mango

Sorry guess I already posted her once before. Sorry for the double post.