Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:33:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Report card question

Started by backwardsbike, Feb 08, 2005, 01:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbike

Hi Everyone!

I posted this to Soc but wanted to get feed back from other parents.

I am NCP mom.  We share joint legal custody.  Cp has never in 7 years ever provided any educational info.  I always get it right from the school.. CP trys to frustrate this when he can( ie, tells teacher it is too stressful for child to bring info to me). Then I have to redo my whole method of getting the info.

Report cards came out two weeks ago.  I usually get a copy about three days after in the mail.  This time I didn't get one.  I called the school and they said theyd mail one.  However, I did get a copy emailed to me from CP.  I have no idea of why this is.

Anyways, the copies are different.  The actual grades and teachers names are the same but there is a handwritten comment froma teacher in copy emailed by CP that isn't on copy mailed form school.  Also, the use numerical comment codes.  One of them is different on copy from Cp than from school.  There is no code key oneither copy so I do not know what any of the numbers mean.  The issue date is the same on both.  But it is obvious there aren't photcopies.  Also, the form is different in that some of the columns are transposed.

Needless to say there is NO trust between CP and myself.  I just want accurate info about our child.  Ihave no idea where the school stands on tis.  Ths is the first year my son attended there.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

If so how did you handle it?

lucky

I'd take them both to the school and ask them about it.  If he forged it, then he'll look bad to the school.  If they screwed up, then they'll know that you are on your toes and they'd better be on theirs.

This is just what I'd do, however.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

backwardsbike

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.  I had already called and made an appointment to speak to the guidance counselor.  Then I got a packet from the Special Ed teacher that had another copy of the report card in it.  It was the same as what my EX emailed me!

I just think this school has no idea what the H@!! is going on.  They will after I meet with the GC tomorrow!

gipsy

I have had all the school  And Doctor problems . And I had to call the atty and ask what to do , Basically go to the school and Just ask for the right info .
    Here is what I learned , The school or Doctor doesn't want any trouble with any of this , Between you and the ex , And It seems that I have never had any problem getting the info from any of them , But  did what My atty said . " don't even talk about the ex , Just go get the info" ,  
 Try putting your self in there position , And you have two parents coming to the school or saying things to you , What would your position be ? Well after I have said a few stupid things about the CP at schools and doctors , I found out that they have to maintain a professional stance and They will not validate ,or discuss any problems , they will stay professional and discuss your child with you ! Other than that , I figure they probably know they should keep there mouth shut , And they will , I did have the doctor'S Nurse say one time ," SHE SAID "Not to give you any info , But we know It In His best interest for the Dad to have His health information , And then they said they don't want to be in the middle of this , etc etc , So My two cents , Just go to the school and be an adult that wants to Know about these report cards , Because you are going to look really stupid going up there saying that some one altered the card , And really a teacher made a mistake and it was corrected ,

backwardsbike

Hi Gipsy,

My meeting with the GC went very well.  She had my son in her office when I got there.  She admitted niether of us had been told the other would be there.  I had an opportunity to talk to my son about his grades and study habits which have been slipping lately.  My position has always been that I am there to help in any way that I can.

I also reviewed the permenant record and found numerous copies of a court oder ( same one just multiple copies) which prohibited Dh from being with the kids for more than one hour.  I helpfully provided the updated order which lifts this restricition and copies of our child abuse clearances.  GC made copies and added it all to the file.

In the end I think the ex had said somehtings to this GC about me and I think she wanted to see for herself what I am about.  Once again, the Ex made my case for me and I have won over the GC.

By the way, the report card form has been reprinted.  The school did not realized there was an error on the new copies.  No one but me had noticed!  Changes were made in the permenant record to reflect the complete and correct information.

wendl

We received yss report card but oss teacher has not sent it yet.
BM trys to put a stop to everything, she won't allow dh to email oss at school (he reads the emails during recess) so the teacher said that dh cannot email oss anymore.

What is with these woman, every report card, I copy and mail to my ex whether he wants it or not. I update him on all dr's appt and everything. Even though he doesn't care.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

skye

It is possible that a correction was made you have to realize report cards are computer generated and teachers put in there comments so it is very possible