Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:11:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brainwashing my child

Started by worriedmom, Aug 17, 2005, 11:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

Buy and READ "Divorce Poison" by Dr. Warshak.  He gives you concrete steps to take with regards to your situation.

I'd start quoting the book, but right now I don't have one.  Both of my copies were just sent out to other people with the hopes of improving a child's life and their future.

AFTER you've read the book, drop back to a "neutral zone" and think about the stuff you've posted.  What's REALLY important and what can you fix yourself.

Then go from there....

Remember a mediator can not make a decision or force you into a decision that you don't believe in from your heart.  Sometimes a gut feeling is all you have.

Also -- start doing research on line on the laws in your state and how the courts have decided cases in the past that are similar to your situation.  This will help tremendously.

For example, my EX gets a downward adjustment to his income for the two children subsequently acquired AFTER our divorce.  The result is that my child support that I pay goes up.  Makes NO SENSE to me, but that's the way the LAW in our state that has jurisdiction is written.  So why bother spending MY time on this subject because I'm fighting the law with my opinion......and I'm not gonna win that one until the LAW changes.  Get it?

worriedmom

Wow, that doesnt make sense to me either but I will locate the book and read it Thankyou. I am glad me and him never got married bc a divorce with him would be pure hell. (not that anyone elses isnt but i dont know that) Thankyou and I will take your advice.

worriedmom

I sent off today for the book Thanks again I also found another book that will b great Its called Joint Custody with a Jerk: How to deal with an uncooperative parent ...it was on the same site as the book you told me about Lets see if i can gain something through these books

MixedBag

I have that one too -- great book on when the situation is yours to fix and when it's not.