Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 11:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Suggestion: For Parents with Phone Problems

Started by MixedBag, Sep 15, 2005, 06:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

This morning my MD/Amanda shared what happened last week with me.

She just got a cell phone and wanted to call her half-brother, Michael.

I think she said she was driving, so she put it on speaker phone and called. Camilla answered the phone and she said "May I please speak with Michael?" Camilla said -- not to Amanda, but she heard her -- "the *itch is on the phone" and then my son came to the phone.

Amanda said "Hey Michael, this is Amanda." And Michael said "Hi Amanda!" Camilla heard what Michael said -- and SHE said "Oops" -- which Amanda could hear in the background.

(We (OD, MD, and I) put up with this all the time, so no surprise there!).

But here's what I want to really pass on....

Amanda had the phone on SPEAKER phone and two of her friends (Bobby and Patrick) were there with her. All THREE of them heard the whole thing. So what I really have is THREE witnesses who could testify in court as to what Camilla said when Amanda called and when she called Michael to the phone.

So -- to those of you who also have problems documenting WHAT is said on the phone and record everything -- I suggest you use a speaker phone and to have someone else sitting right there next to you. It's got to be easier to get them on the witness stand in court to testify to what was said by each part as opposed to having a certified transcription entered into evidence along with the original tape.

(And yes, I'm using first names in this post -- no last names -- so people understand my example -- but unless you know me personally or know a last name, no one's "safety" has been jeopardized).