Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 05:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

MUST SEE NEW BABY SAFETY PRODUCT

Started by ThudguardMUM, Sep 28, 2005, 02:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThudguardMUM

MUST SEE NEW BABY SAFETY PRODUCT

http://www.thudguard.com

Worlds only impact tested and certified baby safety hat that will cushion from bumps, bruises and lacerations.

hennry

In a word the Snazzy Baby Deluxe 3-1 Carrier is FANTASTIC. I stopped using my newborn baby carrier months ago as it put too much strain on my back. The Snazzy Baby carrier is easy to use and very comfortable and great when you don't want to use a stroller or it is inconvenient.

------------------------
hennry
[link=SuperBabyGuide]http://www.superbabyguide.com[/link]  

Kitty C.

A helmet for your kid?????????  You have got to be kidding!  What has this generation come to, that we're so paranoid as to shield our children from EVERYTHING?  How will they ever cope when they get out into the world on their own if they have no skills to deal with it?  And where does it stop?  Will they start making body suits to protect their entire body?  How will the body learn how to defend itself if we don't allow it to be invaded in some shape or form (ie. laceration, colds, etc.)?

In the latest Reader's Digest, there's an article about a mother in NYC who allowed her 9 y.o. son to make his own way home alone.  He already knew the route, via subway, they had taken it many times before.  So she gave him $20, a subway schedule, and a map and he was home in 45 min.!  And this made headlines in that area!  Very interesting read..........

As for home, I never baby-proofed when my son was little.  I was diligent in making sure that there was nothing blatantly available to hurt himself, but if he fell, he learned to pick himself up and keep going.  I figured if my (our generation) parents could raise us safely without child-proofing the entire house, so could I.  DS had bumps and bruises, but he's a boy and that's a natural part of growing up.  He even stuck a paper clip in a wall socket one time.  Our home had an automatic breaker, which shut everything down immediately and all he got was a little jolt.  He never touched them again!

Sorry about standing on the 'soap box', but things like this really get me going.....
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Ref

I think the helmet isn't going far enough. I say you START with the helmet and then wrap the kid up in three layers of bubble wrap.

The bubble wrap helps in two ways. First, it will keep him from hurting himself. Second, you can spend hours popping the bubbles when the kid is old enough to no longer need such protection. I'd say that would be about age 16...make that 21...on further thought 35.

Hehe
Ref

Kitty C.

You made my day, Ref!  :-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

Hey !  I just reread Ref's post.  Missed the HeHe the first time.  Hell I thought she was serious...my baby is 35 today ...we're meeting for happy hour at the golf CC and neither of us really drink or golf. That's all he wanted !!

Kitty C.

Have fun, Davy!  Sounds like a good time!