Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:58:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Driver's Permit from another state

Started by Ref, Oct 04, 2005, 11:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

SD is about to turn 15. She lives in FL where you only have to be 15 to be able to get your permit. We live in PA where you have to be 3 months (or maybe 6 months) away from your 16th birthday to get your permit.

Does anyone know if she can drive with her permit in PA even if she would be too young to be issued one here?

Best Wishes
Ref

wendl

Not sure, but contact your local DMV and ask.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

breezy

I think she can as she would have a legal permit authorizing her to do so. MY DL entitles me to drive in any state.
I would call your local police or sherif. You could call DMV but those calls usually leave you on hold longer :)
Good luck!

MixedBag

It's no good in another state.

When my girls got theirs, and we drove cross country on a 12-hour drive, they could only drive in our state (the one that issued the permit) AND it could only be with a PARENT, not even another adult.

My DH harped on that really hard with me since I was looking forward to the driving help for the road trip....and she could only drive the last 180 miles, or the first 180 miles.

And let me add, when the girls went to see their dad in another state, they knew they weren't supposed to drive there.  BUT their dad wanted to see them drive, so they did anyways.  I didn't say anything to him, no accidents thank goodness, but we get along fine.

In your case, I'd really be careful and not do it because you don't enjoy a WONDERFUL relationship with the BM.  

Tell her you'd love to take her driving, but you won't break the law and that's out of your control.