Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:01:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

DESPERATELY SEEKING HELP

Started by grandma_j, May 17, 2006, 12:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandma_j

;( Hi Folks:

I am in a very depesperate situation here and really don't know what to do.  I am hoping someone out there can help me or tell me where I can go for help.

Please read all of this to understand my situation.  I'll do my best to keep it short, but it is a very long and complicated situation.  But here it goes.

On Mar. 24, 2006 @ 9:30 p.m. my youngest daughter gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.We were overjoyed of course, but 2 weeks later my daughter noticed a funny mark on the baby's back and telephoned me to ask if she could be burping him too hard. I, of course said no, but suggested she have a doctor look at the mark to be sure. ( Baby was not wincing or crying like he was in pain of any kind). Next day we both took him to doctor, that doctor sent us to see paediatrician at hospital, that paediatrician phoned authorities and all h$%% broke lose. Baby was sent to Sick Kids Hospital for tests and it was determined that baby had been through "some kind of trauma" but they could not determine what it was. At 2 weeks old this baby was taken from his mother & father by Child Protection Agency in Canada.  An investigation began, but no charges have been laid. Both kids took polygraphs and police interrogation yesterday, one test was inconclusive, other was told that they failed.  Still no charges laid.

Neither one of these kids harmed their baby.  This mark just appeared on his back and disappeared the same. No discoloration like a bruise, no discomfort for baby, no proof that they or anyone else hurt this sweet little boy, but this whole thing has pushed both parents to the brink, not to mention the rest of my family. A Family lawyer is involved and these poor kids still have to deal with supervised visits with their son.

Well, that's the jest of it. We have done everything the authorities have told us to do and this still isn't resolved.  I guess what I am asking is if anyone knows what WE can do about all of this, if anything?  There has got to be something we can do?  Please, please can anyone help me? I just want my daughter & son-in-law to have their baby back in their arms.  This is the crucial time when they should be bonding with their son and not wondering when their next visitation time is with him.  This whole thing should not have happened to begin with.

maid marion

I am at a loss for words and am unable to give any advice but I will pray for you and yours and hope that the little one is returned to you all swiftly.
In God's Love,
Maid Marion

grandma_j

Thank you so much for your kind words.  They mean so much at a time like this.  My family is at our wits end over this matter and we don't know where to turn.  I know God has a plan for all of us, but I just don't understand why he is putting us through this.  My mother always says that He nevers gives us anything He doesn't think we can handle and each journey makes us stronger.  Well, I must be the strongest woman in the world right now cause my family has sure had it's journeys.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

May God Bless,

grandma_j

ocean

Not sure about Canada but here in the US, other family members can be "foster" parents while this situation is resolved. Can someone in your family go and get whatever is needed to get child while this plays out? I think both parents need lawyers at this point to protect them, especailly to the parent who failed the polygraph. Will charges still be coming? Did anything else come up in the tests they did to the baby? I am sorry to hear your family has to deal with this.

grandma_j

I understand that other parents can be foster parents and believe me we have thought of everyone on both sides of the family. Unfortunately, our family is very small and there just isn't anyone who can qualify. As far as a lawyer goes, they do have a family lawyer to help them.  Nothing else has shown up on any tests done on the baby.  I wish I could post a picture of the mark on his back so you can see what I am talking about.  Still no arrests or charges laid.  The authorities have absolutely no proof that either one of them harm their baby.  Thanks for your sympathy for me and my family.

TerryMel

I have no advice for your family in this situation. I will pray that all gets settled soon.
I do have to say that I wish the CPS in the US was as effective as yours, then maybe my son would not have to live the life his BM has bestowed upon him. I guess in the state of Arizona it is fine for a 4 year old to be underweight, deaf in 1 ear since the age of 2, possibly going deaf in the other ear, missing 4 upper front teeth due to tooth rot. I only wish that someone else besides me could see that something is seriously wrong.
once again I'm truly sorry for your trials your going through.