Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 05:55:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is she too Young??

Started by padad, Jun 12, 2006, 08:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

padad

8 year old Daughter is here for 1/2 the summer. Her older sister showed me a note she had written during her ride in the airplane. it was  a letter to a boy stating she loved him so much that we she wants to marry him so she can have sex with him!!!!!!

I think shes too young to be speaking that way

Am i overrecting??? Should i say something to her mother about it?

Cookiemomma4

Yeah, I think she is too young...but it is likely that she doesn't understand what she is saying and it is very innocent...and hey, at least she wants to be married first right!  Ok, maybe that is not the good side of things at the age of 8.  Kids are matureing very early these days and sex is being thown in their face all over the place.  I would have a talk with her about sex.  What it is, what it means, and why she should have other things on her brain at this age.  
Whether to talk to her mother about it or not I would say would depend on your relationship with her.  I think she needs to be made aware so that she knows that your innocent baby is having more mature thoughts and needs to be dealt with accordingly such as not being within eye shot while playing with a boy...friendships monitored a bit ect.  I am not saying that this should not have been the case before but it is never a bad idea to be more aware.  
Good luck!

cinb85

but I don't think that she knows what it means.  If it was my DD at age 8, I would want to know.  Just make sure that you tell her mother that you are concerned and you thought that she should know about the note.  Don't say anything that may make the Mom think that you don't think that she is keeping an eye on her daughter.  Some Moms get very defensive when another parent brings things like this to their attention.

I would want to know if my DD wrote something like this!

padad

thats what i tought too, i was very shocked when i saw that note. I understand girls like biys and vice versa. I have 2 other girls and they talk to me about boys that they thing are cute but i tought this was very innapropriate.

cinb85

but just be careful how you approach her about it.  Stress the fact that you are concerned and offer to help out with talking to the child if need be!  good luck!

CNTD

In my opinion, yes she's too young, however what she's saying she may not fully understand.

I would mention it to her Mother, as well as talking to her about this "boy," and what she thinks about him, etc. :D Doing it nonchalantly will make the conversation more comfortable for her.