Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 11:23:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bed Wetting!

Started by padad, Jun 26, 2006, 05:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padad

Over the past 4 years i have noticed that when daughter is with CP she always wets the bed. When she comes down to see us she never does it.
She 9 years old and she;s told me herself that in CP house she wears a diaper at night b/c she pees in bed. She's been with for different spans of time from 1-6 weeks, and this has never been a problem. ICP parent never mentioned anything until we went to her hometown. She asked us if daughter wet the bed while she was with us, we told her no. She said its a constant issue with her that she's had buy new matresses a few times.
 think this is odd, if she had a bed wetting problem , wouldnt she do it everywhere???

Kitty C.

Absolutely, but just to make sure, she needs to be seen by a pediatric urologist, just to rule any physical problems out.  If anything, it will make it very apparent (and will be documented by a professional) that there is a psychological issue involved.  They may even recommend a specific therapist or psychologist on a referral.

This may seem like a lot to go thru, but if this has ANYTHING to do with the differences between the two homes, you want to have ALL of it ducumented by the right professionals before you proceed with any other avenue.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

cinb85

the fact that CP makes her wear a diaper at night makes her feel like she can sleep through the night without worrying about wetting the bed.  But, at your house, she is worried about wetting the bed, so she gets up to go to the bathroom.

My DD wet the bed up until she was 7 years old.  I took her to the doctor and he put her on some kind of nasal spray that is supposed to help cure bedwetting (it's a steroid spray).  She was on it for two months and it didn't do any good.  My doctor wanted to keep her on it for another month, but I refused.  Don't like using steroids that long.

I took her to a chiropractor (a friend of mine told me of succes stories with bed wetting) and it worked.  It took several visits, but she hasn't wet the bed since.  The chiropractor said that her hips were out of alignment, but he couldn't be sure that was the problem.  At that point I didn't care what the problem was, I was just SO happy that she was cured.  It's amazing what chiropractors can do!!!!

Have you daughter checked out by a doctor.  If you feel comfortable, take her to a chiropractor if the doctor can't help!  Good luck to you and your daughter!!!