Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 09:58:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What steps should we take?

Started by sherrie ohio, Apr 24, 2006, 06:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krazyfamily_6

Although lice is a big pain in the you know what to get rid of, I highly doubt the courts would look upon it as neglect.  

It is a way too common childhood annoyance.  There are several children who have had headlice at my children's school this year and the school does frequent head checks.

How much do you know about head lice and how to get rid of it?  If you treat the child at your house, did you know you should re check in something like 8 to 10 days?  Sometimes eggs get missed and they hatch.

Here is a great site for lots of info about lice......
http://headlice.org/

Are you taking the steps after the child leaves to clean your home?  Washing pillows, sheets, blankets?  Taking any stuffed animal and bagging it or putting it in the dryer?  Are you vacumming floors and couches?  Cleaning brushes and combs?  

Sometimes people think they can just wash the child's hair with the lice shampoo and the problem is solved, but that is not the case.  

Good luck!

lucky

Sherrie,

We had a similar problem, however, dh was CP.  Everytime YSD went to BMs, she would end up with lice within a week.  I was going crazy taking time off of work and cleaning our WHOLE house every other week along with treating the kids for lice.  Turns out that OSD had lice (BM was CP of her then) and BM treated OSD & the living area, but simply closed OSD's bedroom door instead of treating it and washing bedding, etc.  Then the girls slept in there.

We tried for neglect, but got nowhere - we were viewed as trying to get the poor little BM in trouble when she was doing the best she could.  Wah, wah!

Ultimately, we'd treated YSD so many times with the OTC shampoos that she began losing her hair.  She hasn't had it in years, but if she ever does again, we'll treat it naturally.  No one cared.

Sad, isn't it?

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

sherrie ohio

I'm glad tohave someone to talk to who knows were we are comeing from.
 I'm tired of the poor me deal with the BM,what about the child?This has been a repeat thing with this child and the siblings in BM home.
BM has blamed it on the school,us haveing her wash her hair every day and every friend the child has had.Untill awhile back she amitted they were going into two differnt homes that the children had lice alot.And BM has even envited the children and parents to stay over knowing they have this problem.
I maybe rong feeling this way but but it makes me mad she takes the child places that she knows this will happen.And then send's her to our home with no warning and act's afended when we say the child has lice.
 It's been a few month's sense there has been a case of it.The school had Bm come to the school for a meeting due to the children comeing to school so much with lice.
There hasn't been a problem sense, but everytime the child scratches their head I feel my self tense.