Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:04:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

any suggestions?

Started by atizzle10, Apr 03, 2007, 12:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atizzle10

i currently have a daughter and her mother goes to the extreme to not let me see her. i currently have a court order that i see my daughter 3x per week and the mothers latest stunt is bringing harassment charges against me stating that i am causing her not to live a normal life. she tells my daughter that i am not her real father and that her new boyfriend is her father. for the whole month of Febuary i saw my daughter a total of 3 days. she is not abiding by the court order. i have taken her back to court twice now and stil no justice. i have recently set a court date with the state of minnesota where i currently am residing. i need some advice from someone who has been through this type of situation and what was the outcome.

dipper

Why the state of minnesota - if you lived somewhere else when this order was put in place and it hasnt been moved, you need to have that done first.

What are her harrassment orders based on?  You have to be very careful.  I know you are upset over not seeing your daughter...but, the number is pretty high of how many women claim domestic abuse and the such to get leverage in court.  Send her certified letters stating you will be enforcing your court ordered visitation and detail the times and place of pick-up (as according to your order).  Then go there to get child.  If its at her  home, call the police..make sure you have your court order with you.  They may not make her give you the child, but make sure you get a name of the officer that comes out and ask if a report is written on it as well.

If its at a public place, buy something so that you can get a dated, timed receipt as proof that you were there.  File contempt.  

Main thing..stay away from mother otherwise.  Do not constantly call and absolutely leave no mad, angry messages.  

My brother is going through a rough time with his STBX, and he lets his temper get the best of him.  She knows him well enough to push his buttons....and her friend then calls the police.  I keep telling him to stay away from her, but he thinks its his child and she cant do this...until he has a court order saying otherwise, she can.....and he needs to keep his cool if he wants a good outcome on the court order....

MixedBag

Take her back to court.

Work to meet and exchange your daughter in a public place or through a neutral third party.

Some states are actually supporting programs where people are hired to do exchanges.  Offer that to the court.

Or what about exchanging at DHR?  Let mom drop her off, and you pick up 15 minutes later...or be in the building with a witness (employee) before hand.

NIP THIS IN THE BUTT now!

And going to court all the time is sometimes your only option.

ocean

If she is school age/daycare, ask that pick-up be at school so mother will not interfere and there will be no scene....