Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 03:57:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Would a pharmacy split pills between parents??

Started by Crockpot, Sep 02, 2008, 06:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crockpot

Oh, she's not a contentious parent.  She's a moron.  She's mad because last month she gave DH the wrong number of pills, we had too many.  She wanted me to drop off the extra at the kids day care for her to pick up later that day (she was about to run out).  I first said no, the day care is not responsible for this type of thing.  My other option was to meet her the next night and give them to her (DH was at class).  We opted for me to bring them to the day care (but NEVER again).  DH called her over and over to tell her the meds were there but she kept picking up her phone and hanging up, making it impossible for him to tell her what we did.  

So, I guess she's still annoyed, although we did what she wanted and it was her error to begin with.  

Maybe she's off HER meds...  

DH is telling her if she does the split thing she needs to find a pharmacy between us or he's not going to pick them up.  Her choice.  

iceclimber

dealing with this type of parent can be difficult. try to remain focused. try to remain cool with things like this. i realize it is difficult and she is probably the ONE person that can get to you like this.
dealing with the situations as calm and without striking back is always the best route and will be admired by your children in years to come. they sense the hostility in their parents. don't let them sense that in you or DH.

so, i am not sure that refusing to pick up the pills is a good idea.
however, maybe i am not the best person to give an opinion on that, since i tend to do whatever it takes, aggravating or not. i give in a great deal, unless it will harm the child(ren) if i go along with the demands.

since the pharmacy did split the Rx... maybe you should contact the pharmacy manager.
in our case, i live on one side of town and the OP lives on another. we either alternate filling the Rx or i will fill it for my portion, paying a 'partial fill price' and the remainder can be filled, picked up, and paid for at another location across town.

the other option is to get samples. i am not sure if your child's medication is available at the physicians office as samples, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

i know that we stretch out our Rx supply by requesting samples at every office.

it may not work for you, but you can try.

best wishes

Crockpot

We're doing the wait and see thing.  We won't run out of meds for a week.  She's getting the script filled tomorrow.  We'll do what's right for the child but we don't let BM walk all over us doing it.  SD has been on meds since January.  Until last month we purchased all of it.  She would call him a few days before the pills ran out saying she can't afford to get them filled.  DH even gave her a check to get them filled one month and she spent it on cigarettes (she thanked him for the smokes in an email).  So he had to pay twice that month.  DH told her he's done until she catches up.  Then we'll do monthly back and forth or something similar.

Thanks so much for the response.  I do get worked up easily!  

Kitty C.

Thanks for the great laugh, Crockpot!!!!!!!!!  I about fell out of my chair when I read that!  You made my day!

Isn't it amazing the levels of stupidity some people will stoop to????
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

iceclimber

i do the pick up and hang up thing. maybe it isn't the best thing to do, but my ex is verbally abusive. so when i know he is angry and just wants to vent it on me, i do that.
mostly to protect myself from what he will say. i admit it gets to me at times, so i would rather not hear it, even on voicemail.

because in voicemail, he is the only one that can hang up... so he lets me have it.

tigger

And picking up and hanging up indicates an unwillingness to communicate.  If you at least allow him the opportunity to leave a message, then you haven't blocked communication.  
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Crockpot

I'm glad I'm able to amuse you!  LOL!  Not sure if I've used it here, but my nickname for her is Satan.

Crockpot

One way DH worked around the pick up/hang up is to leave a VM through the mobile phone company.  If you have the same service you should be able to go into your VM compose a message and send it to another number on the system.  

True to form, BM didn't pay her Verizon bill and is now on another carrier.  

Crockpot

BM called today.  There are 8 pills waiting for DH at the pharmacy.  The pharmacy she just left.  And she will see DH on Sunday to exchange kids.  Alrighty then...  

Is this really the way she wants to run it for the next 12 years?!  

iceclimber

i understand what you are saying. i have only done this when he was already calling me names, so i hung up on him. and he will call twenty times in a fit of anger.

i've done the voicemail as evidence thing. the evaluator didn't pay it much mind.

on one of them i know the kids were in the car with him, because he demanded i meet him to get them. he was already angry and i would only pick them up at the babysitter's house. he was angry i wouldn't meet him at his office.

not one mention in the evaluation report.
so he gets away with it.
and if that is true... i don't have to listen to it.