Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Contempt - medical bills  (Read 3610 times)


  • Guest
Contempt - medical bills
« on: Nov 24, 2003, 08:01:16 PM »
The modification states that the BM will send copies of explanaiton of benefits to Dad with in 15 days of reciept.  We know about when se recieves them by speaking to insurance company.  Recently she sent a pile of bills that were mostly a a month old.  Should we file for contempt? One of the reasons for the original modification stating 15 days is because she has stock piled them in the past and expected months worth of medical bills paid at once.


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 610
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Not Soc but...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2003, 08:15:37 PM »
Went through this too, question first..
-Does the co state that for payment from you she must give bills to dad within 15 days?  If so,
1. Just don't pay them.  Send cert. return receipt letter with statement, "received these bills on ___ date, which were ____ days late based on co stating 15 days.  These are no longer my responsibility to pay per co.
2. State, "if in the future you would like to follow the court order, please respond and get these to me within the 15 day time frame."
3. Make her take you to court. Don't waste your money. If co is not specific, I would suggest it be changed asap to alleviate this problem.

*This happened to us and we did not have to pay.  (but our co was specific on how long bm could hold the bills, ours was 7 days and we had 30 days to pay).  Good luck-nosonew


  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5728
  • Karma: -2
    • View Profile
RE: Contempt - medical bills
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2003, 05:31:17 PM »
I wouldn't get bent out of shape about being 15 days late. Send a letter stating that you will accomodate her this time only, and that in the future, you will refuse any bill outside of the court ordered requirements.



Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.