Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:45:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Soc, I need your advice

Started by lissa68, Nov 29, 2003, 01:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lissa68

Dear Soc,

Here is the scenario.

Ex-wife threatens myself and child.  Says that getting rid of child and myself is her only option left to get me out of her new life.

I take these threats, and go to file a emergency TRO, judge denies it, in less than 5 minutes.  I then take these threats and try to file in the sheriffs office.  They tell me its civil.

After all this has been done, I finally after 2 days get to speak to my child.  She tells me that I don't want to see her anymore, when I try, I am denied visitation.  She tells me its not her mommy's fault I can't see her.  I did not tell her that my ex denies visitation.

1.   So, what do I do?  What are my options?

2.  This is definitly leading into PAS.  

3.  Can I ask the school to intervene and request a pyschologist interview my child?

Thanks  Soc

Lissa 68

socrateaser

>1.   So, what do I do?  What are my options?

You need to carry a dictation recorder whenever you are in the other parent's presence. Have a third party serve the parent with a letter notifying of your intent to record all conversations between you, regardless of the transmission medium. Then do it. Eventually, if the other parent is as difficult as you suggest, you will get the evidence you need to get a restraining order. Whether this will improve your custody/visitation is arguable. Only time will tell.
>
>2.  This is definitly leading into PAS.  

This isn't a question, so I have no answer.

>
>3.  Can I ask the school to intervene and request a
>pyschologist interview my child?

Sure, but I wouldn't count on any cooperation.

lissa68

Your a Godsent, as usual.

Thanks  :)