Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 05:52:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do "modifications" in custody order void original order?

Started by nerd, Dec 11, 2003, 06:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerd

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your help on the last problem.  we are following your advice and I will let you know how things go.

On another problem.  Daughter's order allows for a 20 minute phone visit with her children three days a week among other rights.  there have been some minor modifications to the original order through the years but no modification or addendum has ever voided phone visits.

Ex is claiming that the current modification, which is a few hand written notes, are now the "current order" and that the original order is now null and void and the modifications is what they go by.  we have tried to explain that the modifications do not negate items in the original order, that were not addressed in the modification.  

my question is:

1.  Are we right that a modification only changes things that the modification addressed and all other items in the orginal order must be followed?

Thank you for your time and trouble

Peanutsdad

In all my mods I expressly include the phrase " all orders not modified remain in effect"

socrateaser

All orders not expressly modified remain in full force and effect unless the court order states otherwise.