Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:29:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Input for custody motion....

Started by joni, Dec 11, 2003, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

Dear Soc,

We're in the midst of challenging custody/move away.  Long story. ANYWAY

Could you please give me some issues to incorporate into our motion to change custody from sole legal (BM of course) to joint legal?  We're not challenging physical custody....at this time....just trying to legally re-establish our parental rights.  Taking baby steps.

Typical story seen on this board a million time, BM at divorce settlement falsely accuses DH of domestic violence (no proof, no incidents during the 3 year separation).  BM claims she needs sole legal custody because she fears for her life and she cannot co-parent with BF because they never agree on anything in regards to the child (this was never a problem when they were married).  Of course, there was restricted access to child during separation by BM.

There are no major notables with child in regards to school or health.  It's difficult to come up with points for the motion that don't also address physical custody.

Would be eternally grateful for any ideas or thoughts.

THANKS!

socrateaser

Sorry, your story may be typical, but if you don't tell me the facts, I can't answer any questions. That's just they way I work. I don't know how the DV charge was resolved or anything about the parties or where they live or anything else. If you post the facts and ask questions, I may be able to help. Otherwise, you is on your own.