Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:11:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

And when does visitation end???

Started by I cry_ in_the_dark, Dec 13, 2003, 10:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I cry_ in_the_dark

My court order states:

For the Christmas holiday vacation, in odd numbered years, father shall have from the beginning of the Christmas vacation until Noon on Christmas Day. Mother shall have from December 25th at Noon through December 27th. (Vice-versa in even numbered years.)
Holiday visitation schedule shall take precedence over the regular weekend schedule.

My daughter advised me last night that her dad told her that I won't get to keep them on the 28th, which is my normal weekend. However, as I see it, the 28th is NOT part of a holiday schedule, therefore, they should remain with me for that day.

1.) Am I correct?

(Take note that no TIME for return on the 27th is made. Nor are there any provisions for Mother's or Father's Day :(  )

socrateaser

>My daughter advised me last night that her dad told her that I
>won't get to keep them on the 28th, which is my normal
>weekend. However, as I see it, the 28th is NOT part of a
>holiday schedule, therefore, they should remain with me for
>that day.
>
>1.) Am I correct?

I would interpret the order to mean that, as there's no return time specified here, that the return time stated in the regular section of the order should control, and if there is no return time at all, then holiday schedule ends at midnight on Dec 27.

I cry_ in_the_dark

Thanks Soc,
     But the real part of my question was regarding the 28th. As the 27th and 28th is my weekend anyways, and the 28th is NOT part of the Holiday schedule, should they remain with me for the 28th?

socrateaser

Guess i didn't communicate well. I meant that if the return time is no later than midnight the 27th, then that would be the end of the holiday schedule, and after that, everything should be as normally stated in the order.

So, based on your facts, yes, you should have possession on the 28th.