Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 06:50:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Soc, you have mail ;-)

Started by I cry_ in_the_dark, Dec 16, 2003, 02:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I cry_ in_the_dark

I sent you an email with a draft of my letter to my lawyer. Feel free to post it if you wish, I just thought it would be easier doing via email than removing all names involved. Pick it apart and rip me up.
Thanks for all your help.

I cry_ in_the_dark

Re:   Payment for services

Dear Mr. XXX,

In pondering payment of your bill, several issues come to mind.

1.) Failure to subpoena XXX, school psychologist, witness to sons behavior dating back at least 2 years as well as Mr. DAD'S refusal to participate in obtaining son help. As well, able to testify that son had, on at least 2 occasions, received Detention while in Dad's custody and never while in mine.

2.) Failure to subpoena Dr. XXX, family physician,  who offered testimony in what ever capacity needed.

3.) Failure to subpoena Daughter's counseling records, again proving Dad's lack of co-operation in assisting with his children's mental well-being.

4.) Failure to submit Daughter's school work with reference to Dad's continued mistreatment of both myself and her.

5.) Failure to submit several month's worth of Son's "Event Log Reviews" as gathered by Mental Health which were broken down into weekly Mom's house/Dad's house serving as proof that Son's behaviors were consistent regardless of his custody each week.

6.) Failure to submit copies of Son's journal as kept by his TSS.

7.) Failure to refute several out-right lies and false accusations, including, but not limited to:
     A.) Dad's statements of being unaware of Son's involvement with Mental Health until June of this year. Signed documents date back to at least February of this year.
     B.) Totally false accusations that Son damaged vehicles at the ball fields.
     C.) Totally false accusations that Son got into "many fights" at my daycare, when in fact he was not once, EVER, involved in any fights at daycare.

While I understand that the children's testimony is confidential, it is quite obvious that at least two situations were totally twisted by Dad's attorney. Let me assure you that I NEVER had a gentleman here that I met on the internet. While I basically never dated at times the children were in my custody, an evening of card playing at the home of a mutual friend ended in a car that would not start and had to be towed the following day. Daughter adored this gentleman and in fact slept on the sofa on the evening in question. She was aware that we talked on the internet, but for the simple reason as to minimize long distance phone calls as he lives in XXXville.
As well, when questioned by Dad's attorney, I denied being on a rampage and throwing Daughter's belongings on the back porch after a visitation with Dad. The children were in fact given an ultimatum to remove toys and other belongings from the living room or they would be put out with the garbage on trash night at the end of the week. As it was presented, I was not aware of a simple situation being so distorted as to make me look like a raving lunatic.
In regards to this, I cannot understand how Dad's attorney would be allowed to interview the children in his home, take very simple situations and totally distort them. And once again, my attorney failed to come to my defense.

I ask that you please explain your reasons for failing to provide all of this very pertinent evidence the day of the custody hearing. I am curious as to why I should pay for legal representation that appears to be below the standard of care.
I also ask that you please do so within 10 days of receipt of this letter.

Very truly yours,               

Mom