Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 05:40:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrong Lawyer?

Started by downwithit, Dec 18, 2003, 03:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downwithit

Dear  Socrateaser:
If you remember any of my past emails, this one is going to come out of left field, but it did to my husband and I too.
 My husband has been to court 3 or 4 times for visitation issues. Each time, it went the way we wanted. We think the underlying problem is PAS.
We spoke with our atty about filing for change of custody. All of a sudden, he doesn't want to go to court again about yet another denial of visitation because he is afraid the judge will be mad at my husband too.

There may be some truth to this as the judge appeared to be chastising my husband the last time we were in court as well as his ex-wife. She is continuing to deny visitation with his eldest because of a supposed conflict with the boy's debate schedule.
 The judge told my husband to try and work with the boys schedule, but that he wasn't demanding it.
Suppose our attorney is right, and the judge would be just as mad at my husband as he would be at my husband's ex-wife? That's not fair!

His attorney now wants us to involve his son's debate coach and school counselor. These people aren't going to be willing to get involved! Now what?
I have spoken to you before about a change of custody. If his atty is right, the judge won't even hear us.
This is a small town in South Dakota.

1.) Do we have any recourse here?
2.) Has a person ever written a judge--say me for instance?
3. A change of attorneys probably isn't going to do any good in Podunk will it?
Thanks.

socrateaser

>1.) Do we have any recourse here?

Listen to your lawyer on this one.

>2.) Has a person ever written a judge--say me for instance?

The judge can't read anything you write, unless you copy it to the other party to the case. Even then, the judge may refuse to read it as you are represented by counsel.

>3. A change of attorneys probably isn't going to do any good in Podunk will it?

Nope.