Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:52:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Questions/Comments In front of the Bench

Started by Windd, Jan 07, 2004, 02:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windd

Is is ever appropriate to comment while stading in fron of the bench with your attorney in front of the judge?

At last hearing I thought more should have been said about 604B and dragging out of process. Would it have been appropraite for me to lay out my concerns when the judge asked if there was anything else?

socrateaser

You could have asked for a moment to speak with your attorney, or you could have simply asked to be heard, which probably would have been granted and would have simultaneously pissed off your lawyer.

But, it would not be ok to just start arguing your case while your attorney was already addressing the court.

Bad form and all that rot.

Windd

Thank you Socrateaser

This process has been going on for a while. I explained to my attorney my anxiousness now that the 604b came out in my favor. Kid's mom representative of course says he needed time to review report and he was just retained in October/November 03; although court order entered 6/03 ordered mom provide info and/or get an attorney. It's not over till the fat lady sings though and her performance just keeps getting pushed back.

SPARC has been extremely helpful to me.