Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 10:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I felt compelled to update you Soc

Started by sublimemom, Jan 25, 2004, 10:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sublimemom

Dear Soc
You probably don't remember the situation (I'm sublimemom) - I wrote to you last August when my DH's son who had moved to Michigan and lived with us for over a year was taken back to Florida by his mother.  This was done very stealth-like (we both had just left for work and she had arranged for a friend to pick him up here and take him to the airport).  We were heartbroken, but hadn't gone through the formal change of custody & CS because she wouldn't agree to anything.  You were very nice when you said that we should use this as a learning lesson (and you weren't mean at all).  
We knew that this 15 year old was going to have problems with the limited supervision she provides, and we were right.  Right before christmas, the boy emailed his father that he wanted to come back.  Remembering what you said (and the fact that we're NOT brain-dead), we would not allow this move  (the mother was more than willing to let this kid move back in with us) until all the paperwork was completed and signed by the judge.  I got busy and did all the paperwork myself - the CS calculation (split custody arrangement), the Stip for Modification of Final Judgement, the Order adopting it, and the Income Withholding Order.  She bickered only for about five minutes - trying to get one of the kids as an exemption, trying to get DH to provide health ins (even though she wouldn't allow us to cover them in the first place), etc.  I think she knew we had "all the balls" so to speak, and backed right down.  In fact, she ended up taking the signed paperwork to DH's lawyer in FL for him to file at the court!   What an awesome feeling!  So he arrived this past Thursday, all papers signed, and my DH now has a CS obligation of 200/month instead of 1000/month (as a result of the split-custody).  And finally, one of his four sons may have a chance to finish high school (she's allowed the older two to drop-out), and become a responsible young adult.  

No questions Soc - just wanted to say thanks for being here for everyone and let everyone know that miracles do happen.  :)   Plus I think I wanted to brag a bit, but didn't know anyone who would even care or get it!!!!  Thanks again, CJ