Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Soc, a few questions

Started by lissa68, Feb 27, 2004, 07:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lissa68

Melissa(lissa68)

Quick recap of scenario

Petition for modification of visitation and custody, filed January 7, 2004.  Ex and attorney responded January 20, 2004, denying all motions in the petition.

I recieved these two papers in the mail yesterday and today.  Mind you I am pro-se, I know what I have and need for proof, but am a little curious as to an explanation of what I am looking at.

Yesterdays letter:

On this 23RD  day of February     , 2004, the above -ent it lad is presented to the court for attention, the petition for marriage has been on file for more than V^S ..-.' days.  The court finds that this matter should be scheduled for trial pursuant to district administrative rule number 2.7.
ORDER
IT IS ORDERED as follows:
1. This matter shall be scheduled for trial by the Court Administrator as soon as practicable.  One-half day has been allocated for trial.  The parties shall inform the Court Administrator if additional time is required
2 . If a party believes that this case should be exempted from automatic assignment for trial, the party shall file an application for exemption, stating the reasons therefore, within ten days of the filing of this order. The application shall be signed personally by the party making the application.  A copy shall be sent to the Court Adminstrator .  The application shall be brought to the attention of the court in the manner of a motion.
3. Not later than five (5) days prior to the trial, the parties shall exchange exhibits and an exhibit list (petitioner to use numbers and respondent to use letters) .  Further, the following shall be filed with the Clerk of Court at the same time:
a. Each party's current affidavit of financial status, if not
previously filed; b. Each party's child support guidelines worksheet (if applicable
and not previously filed) ; c. Each party's certificate of completion of Children in the Middle
(if applicable) ; d. The pretrial stipulation form prescribed by the court, which
shall contain each party' s proposal for resolution of all
pending issues.

Todays Letter:

CLERK OF COURT 1000 CENTRAL AVENUE NORTHWOOD IA 50459
IN THE IOWA DISTRICT COURT FOR WORTH         COUNTY
Notice of Civil Trial Scheduling Conference

***********A scheduling conference will be held on 03/05/04  at 10:30 AM before Kelly Bushbaum, as District Court Designee, pursuant to I.R.C.P. 1.602.
THIS CONFERENCE SHALL BE CONDUCTED BY TELEPHONE CONFERENCE CALL INITIATED BY PLAINTIFF'S COUNSEL. The Court Administrator may be contacted at (
1. PARTICIPATION:  All attorneys appearing in the case shall participate in this conference.  A party who  is  not  represented by counsel shall contact the Court Adminstrator's office prior to the date and time of the conference call.
2. TRIAL SCHEDULING:  A firm trial date shall be established in accordance
with the Supreme Court's time standards for case processing. NO CONTINUANCES SHALL BE GRANTED EXCEPT BY COURT ORDER, UPON GOOD CAUSE SHOWN.
3. ESTABLISHMENT OF DEADLINES: Each party shall be prepared to discuss and agree to deadlines for (I) adding additional parties; (2) disclosure of experts; (3) completion of discovery; (4) amendments to pleadings;(5) filing of dispositive motions including motions for summary judgment; and (6) any other relevant scheduling matters.  A schedule shall not be modified except by leave of court and the showing of good cause. (I.R.C.P. 1.602(2) (c))
4. SANCTIONS:  If a party or attorney fails to particpate in the scheduling conference or is substantially unprepared to participate in the conference, the Court may impose appropriate sanctions,including reasonable expenses and attorney fees.  (I.R.C.P. 1.602(5))
Docketed: 02/24/04   

Alright for the questions:

1.  What exactly am I looking at?

2.  Does this mean that I can bring into play new motions to the original petition?  

3.  When do I need to get the copies of all my proof to the opposing attorney?

4.  Would this be the time to ask for either court ordered mediation or psych evals on the ex and the child, as PAS is definitly making a major play in this custody case?

Thank You,  Lissa68