Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:41:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

???

Started by I cry_ in_the_dark, Mar 12, 2004, 04:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I cry_ in_the_dark

Where is my post? Why was it deleted? Cuz I said I didn't know how?

socrateaser

Yes, sorry. I didn't look to see if you had edited it. If you did, then I owe you one. I will cut your bill in half...lemme see...zero divided by two equals...yeah, zero! Whew, that was close.

I cry_ in_the_dark

Yes, I did edit it. But I couldn't find a way to delete my second post, like you asked me too.

I have my post so that I could repost it, but I thought maybe I did something wrong that ticked you off?

socrateaser

Sorry, please repost.

I cry_ in_the_dark

The major issue of my X gaining custody was that of my son, and his ADHD. To keep a long story short, the X had testified that he had absolutely no problems with our son while he was in his custody, which was every other week. (And that testimony was totally false.)His "beliefs" were my son did not have ADHD, but that I was neglectful.

X gained custody on Nov. 15th of 2003. In that amount of time, my son has been written up 2x. in detention 2x, failing grade reports 2x. I received a call Thursday from the principal and while we played phone tag, I'm not sure, but I do believe my son will be suspended. Prior to Nov. 15th, my son had NO write ups.

While I knew at the court hearing for custody that my X was lying, and with a bad lawyer that presented NOTHING( you helped me with that situation), no proof was presented to the contrary.

Along these same lines, my daughter, who received straight A's is now getting B's and C's.

Now here is a major issue:
My sister stopped at my work this AM as she had to take my nephew to school. The teacher's mailbox is at the end of the school office counter. There was a note to the guidance counselor from XXX and my sister asked me who XXX was because the note included my son's name. XXX is my son's teacher. The only child with my son's name in that school is my son.

The note from the teacher said:" *MY SON* has never had such a bad day. He told me that he was going to visit his mom tonite and he wants to live with her but his dad won't let him. I don't know if this explains his behavior or not." (If this was in mailbox at 7 am Thursday morning, he did something on Wednesday.) I received notice by mail today that my son "threatened to kill another student" on Thursday.

The reason I need help by Tuesday is that my son has an appointment with his psychologist then. As the X has always maintained that he has NO problems with our son, and fooled the psychologist into discontinuing my son's ADHD meds....if I remain silent, and my son remains off his meds, I continue to gain more evidence of my son's mental health being neglected. (By the same token, am I guilty of assisting in the neglect even tho I fought to keep him in treatment? I WANT MY KIDS BACK!)

1.)With all that has gone on since he got custody, I'm wondering if this is anywhere near enough to gain more visitation, at the very least??? (Please keep in mind that there is WAY MORE to this, but I think the neglect of my son's mental health is top issue.)

2.)Is there any way possible to let the school know that I am aware of this letter? How? Yes, my sister read something and she only noticed because she saw my sons name, but WHY was this even visible to JOHN Q. PUBLIC? (Yes, I'm glad that my sister saw this, but how can I use it?)

3.)Do I take all the mailings from school in regards to my sons behavior/grades and present them to the psychologist, or I do I go in and act ignorant to my son's situation? ( ie: let them sit and say there are still no problems?)

Thanks Soc
Sighhhhhhhhhh

socrateaser

>1.)With all that has gone on since he got custody, I'm
>wondering if this is anywhere near enough to gain more
>visitation, at the very least??? (Please keep in mind that
>there is WAY MORE to this, but I think the neglect of my son's
>mental health is top issue.)

Move for custody hearing on grounds that the child's condition has deteriorated since the last custody order sufficient to cause the child to threaten to kill _______. If the witness to this threat is an objective third party, such as an educator, and that witness is willing to testify to hearing the threat and to the present sense impression of the distress of the child who made it, that would be enough for the court to start a new custody hearing.

>
>2.)Is there any way possible to let the school know that I am
>aware of this letter? How? Yes, my sister read something and
>she only noticed because she saw my sons name, but WHY was
>this even visible to JOHN Q. PUBLIC? (Yes, I'm glad that my
>sister saw this, but how can I use it?)

I'm confused, did you receive a letter from a school official regarding the death threat or not? If so, then who cares whether you saw it before or how?

>
>3.)Do I take all the mailings from school in regards to my
>sons behavior/grades and present them to the psychologist, or
>I do I go in and act ignorant to my son's situation? ( ie: let
>them sit and say there are still no problems?)

Let the shrink give you an analysis first, then present your evidence to the contrary and ask whether knowledge of these things would alter his/her expert opinion.

I cry_ in_the_dark

Thanks Soc.

There are two different letters here. The first is a private letter from the teacher to the guidance counselor that said:
*MY SON* has never had such a bad day. He told me that he was going to visit his mom tonite and he wants to live with her but his dad won't let him. I don't know if this explains his behavior or not."

THAT letter was seen in the school office by my sisiter. The "bad day" was Wednesday. I have not been advised by anyone as to anything that occured on Wednesday. I would like to speak to the teacher in regards to what she wrote, but, I don't  believe that letter was meant to be seen by anyone except the guidance counselor. It was in the office and just happened to be seen.

The threat to kill another student occurred on Thursday. Yes, I received a letter from the school in regards to that issue, but that issue only. The principal failed to return my phone call on Friday so I don't know the specifics as of yet.

socrateaser

That letter that you have is all the evidence you need, in my opinion to get a new custody hearing.

I cry_ in_the_dark

That letter that you refer to is miniscule compared to what I have.

Can't thank you enough Soc.