Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:20:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Missing girl found in MOM's custody....NINE years later............

Started by Kitty C., Jul 15, 2004, 09:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

Sheriff: Missing Girl Found 9 Years Later
Sheriff: Girl Reported Missing Nine Years Ago From California Found in Ohio

The Associated Press

NEWARK, Ohio July 15, 2004 — A girl reported missing in California nine years ago has been found in central Ohio, living under an assumed name with her mother, authorities said.
Licking County prosecutors said a woman recognized the girl's picture from the Web site of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and called sheriff's deputies.

She was found Friday in nearby Johnstown, about 20 miles northeast of Columbus, authorities said.

The girl, Vanesa Brancheau, and her mother, Sheri Lyn Taylor, were reported missing in 1995 from the Los Angeles community of Woodland Hills, the Licking County sheriff's office said in a news release.

The girl, 5 years old when she was reported missing, is now 13 and attending Southwest Licking Schools under the name Ariel Rose Wiggins, the sheriff's office said.

Sheriff's Capt. Rod Mitchell said Taylor indicated that she and her husband had been fighting for custody of the girl at the time of the disappearance.

"The mom claims that she couldn't, at the time of the custody battle, couldn't afford attorney fees and simply was running from him," Mitchell told Columbus television station WCMH.

No one was available to answer questions at the sheriff's office on Wednesday night. A Los Angeles police spokesman said he had no immediate information on the case.

Taylor could not be reached for comment. There was no listing for her in Johnstown.

The girl was placed in foster care Tuesday after a hearing in Licking County Juvenile Court.

No charges have been filed against the mother, but authorities are investigating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep investigating, guys..............then throw the book at her.  In the meantime, talk to the father and see what he's gone thru for the past 9 years............

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

wendl

OMG that father must have been going thru hell for the last 9yrs. Oh come on she ran cuz she couldn't afford and attorney. God these woman make me sick, the child has lost all this time with her father.

I hope they throw the book at her and award custody of the child to the father.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Brent

>"The mom claims that she couldn't, at the time of the custody
>battle, couldn't afford attorney fees and simply was running
>from him," Mitchell told Columbus television station WCMH.

The fact that this line of "reasoning" is being taken seriously shows in a nutshell what's wrong with the family court system. What she's saying basically is "Well, I was running out of money so I kidnapped and concealed my kid for almost a decade."

Uh-huh.

jilly

But where is the LOGIC??? Do you really think that GENETICS count for something in this case?? I bet the father didn't any have a BOND with this girl so what's the harm??  )(

(Excuse me while I go change my name to Instigator! :7  Sorry...just couldn't resist!)

Peanutsdad

Hmmm,

Lets see,,,,,,,if "I" had kidnapped my child, been on the run for a decade under an assumed name,( which IS illegal btw), all because I ran out of money for attorneys and wanted to escape the courts jurisdiction.......How long would I be in jail???

Come to think of it,, wouldnt I have been arrested as soon as this came out? After all, I AM a flight risk in this scenerio.

What the hell are they waiting for??

Bolivar OH

Hey this is my state.

Damn....... I wonder how I can use this to get publicity for the plight fathers are in here in OHIO?

Hey out there. Got any ideas?

Peanutsdad

As far as playing it FOR fathers,, regardless what they do,, it plays for dads.

If they charge her,,, it lends weight to fathers fighting for their rights.

If they DONT charge her,, it lends weight to gender bias, thus, STILL playing for fathers fighting for their rights. Thats when you bring the question into play,, what would the charges been if the dad in this case had done this.

richiejay

>But where is the LOGIC??? Do you really think that GENETICS
>count for something in this case?? I bet the father didn't any
>have a BOND with this girl so what's the harm??  )(
>
>(Excuse me while I go change my name to Instigator! :7
>Sorry...just couldn't resist!)

I'm sorry..are you for real or are you being sarcastic??? Because if you really believe that...well, I'll wait to find out...

janM

Jilly was referring to a post that was on the boards last week that created quite a fuss. So, yes, she was being sarcastic. :-)

richiejay

>Jilly was referring to a post that was on the boards last
>week that created quite a fuss. So, yes, she was being
>sarcastic. :-)
  Ah, yes, PainintheassGirl...trying to forget  her...now it makes sense....Thanx