Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Letter in "Annies Mailbox" (like dear abby)

Started by smtotwo, Jul 16, 2004, 06:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

The letter was from a mother who's 17 yr old son and g'f are having a baby.  What she asked was what are my and my sons rights, ans what will happen if the couple break up.

This is what really upset me..It's kind of long but its the exact response.

No matter how careful you are, sometimes your children surprise you, not always for the better.  Life has handed your an unexpected hurdle, but we hope you will keep your eyes focused on the silver lining- your grandchild.

Your son is legally obligated to provide financial support until the child reaches at least 18 yrs of age.

(AND NOW THE REAL KICKER)

Please take him to see a lawyer so an agreement for supprt and visitation can be set down to paper.  While there ask the attorney about your states laws ragrding grandparents rights.  You might not have any.  IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THIS GRANDCHILD, WE RECOMMEND MAINTAINING A CORDIAL RELATIONSHIPWITH THE MOTHER AND SEE TO IT THAT YOUR SON DOES THE SAME!!!

I was very upset by this response.  No mention of 50/50.  No mention of being a constant in the childs life  The first piece of advice was  CHILD SUPPORT  and  VISITATION!!

you can write them at [email protected]

I did.

A cordial relationship!! Clearly neither of the women writing this have ever been torn from their children like so many of the men here have!!

MYSONSDAD

I found that quite disturbing. WTF...

Sent letter, hope others do too

Stepmom0418

I couldnt believe that she just assumed that it was the mother who should have custody! What about dad? I sent her an email too!

Stepmom0418

Well I thought I sent an email to her but it came back and said that it could not be delivered! I wonder why? Any ideas?

wendl

That mad me mad, basically telling this woman to have her son couwer(sp) to this womans whim HELL NO.

Did tell her to have this man go to attorney and file for 50/50 custody, just basically let your son be the NCP, and pay.

Grrrrr

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

MYSONSDAD

My letter came back, any other e-mail address for her?

"Children learn what they live"

Stepmom0418

I had the same problem as noted above! Any ideas?

wendl

Mine came back too.

Maybe it shoud be [email protected]
instead of "box"

I will try this later

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

smtotwo

was kinda early here fingers couldn't see yet, Sorry!!

MYSONSDAD

"Children learn what they live"

Peanutsdad

darkspectre

Sent mine. Thanks for the heads up.