Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 06:54:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Have a question on my petition for enforcement

Started by taboalien, May 08, 2004, 01:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taboalien

Soc

This is in regards to my situation with the ex wife planning a cruise for her & the boys (stepsons) on Father's Day weekend.  We had given her attorney a deadline of May 7th to respond to our last letter in which we asked that the boys be put on the 5:50PM flight on May 14th & that ex wife pay any difference in the airfare in exchange for allowing her to take the boys on Father's Day weekend.

All of what we asked for is provided for in the modified orders we got last year- hubby's parenting time begins at the time school is dismissed (3:57PM) and if she fails to put them on a scheduled flight she is to pay any difference & get them on the soonest available flight, which in this case would have been the following weekend.

Obviously her attorney nor her have responded to our request so I'm filing a petition for enforcement (I'm using the same term our former attorney used when she filed our contempts 2 yrs ago).

My questions are:

#1- Can I put the fact that the exwife scheduled & booked a cruise on Father's Day weekend which is in clear violation of the court orders since it is hubby's time.  Even though she hasn't actually denied us the time yet????

#2- If I can, how can I word it?

socrateaser

>#1- Can I put the fact that the exwife scheduled & booked a
>cruise on Father's Day weekend which is in clear violation of
>the court orders since it is hubby's time.  Even though she
>hasn't actually denied us the time yet????

Yes, that would work. If I understand what you want, you are asking that the court order that a writ of assistance issue instructing the sheriff to ensure that there is a transfer of custody/visitation on the date in question.

Post it after you write it.