Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Would you...pretty please...review

Started by I cry_ in_the_dark, May 28, 2004, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I cry_ in_the_dark

I know you questioned why I was so uptite about this matter...but would you please tell me what your opinion is on this letter I have drafted?

Dear Ms. Lawyer,

In regards to your request that I direct all correspondence to your office, I must respectfully decline this request. As per my court order of November XX, 200X, Page XX #X which includes, "and shall cooperate and communicate with each other concerning the welfare of the children", I will continue to attempt to civilly communicate with Mr. Dad as this is in the best interest of my children.

While I would much prefer to communicate with Mr. Dad via the telephone, his habit of misconstruing facts and statements makes this impossible. Therefore I will continue to communicate any and all court ordered matters through the United States Postal service.

I am perfectly capable of understanding and following my court order and am not in need of a third party to communicate those orders. If Mr. Dad is unable to do the same, he is perfectly free to direct those simple matters to whomever he sees fit. Perhaps it would be in the best interest of the children if Mr. Dad agreed to take some Co-parenting classes.

In regards to the medical insurance information, I'm sure you are aware that the court order states,
 " Plaintiff shall submit written proof that medical insurance coverage has been obtained or that application for coverage has been made". To date, I have received nothing. I do not believe that I am out of line in requesting that Mr. Dad do as he is court ordered four months after he is ordered to do so. As both children have received medical attention and/or more recently obtained eye-glasses, I must assume that he has the information necessary and provide the same to me.

Very truly yours,

Mom

Once again, thankyou in advance ;-)               

socrateaser

I think you should just communicate via the attorney, as you are requested to do. Therefore, your letter is off the mark.

:)

NeverGiveUp

I'm sort of having a similar problem with communication but I don't understand your complaint.  I too will not talk to my x on the phone.  Mostly because she has a tendancy to rehash old issues, I'm not interested in dating her so I don't want to go there . . . :-)  But also because I donlt want to be in court next week defending myself against aleggations of harassment . . . I've seen how that works.  So I insist on email.  Then I have documentation of all agreements, comments, context . . .

Why are you so apposed to sending info through his att?  I wish my x would insist on that.  Think about how often 'good' coparenting communication has to take place.  Then think of the bill your x will get after his att has to relay all of theses messages . . .

Dear X, today Billy fell off the swing, got a bloody nose.  He looks okay but I just wanted to let you know.  $50.   Dear X, I just got the report card.  I see Bill is having trouble with Math . . . $75 . . . .

And I would think that any letters requiring response would have to be returned in a reasonable time frame.  Or else it might look bad with the  judge.  "Well your honor, every time I ask important questions about our children it takes a month to get an answer."

How long do you think it will be before your x has a change of heart?

Unless there's more to this.  You're not paying his att fees are you?

I cry_ in_the_dark

Nah, I'm not paying his attorney fees. But neither is he. They are drinking/dart playing buddies.

I'm ordered to give 30 days written notice of intent. I did exactly that. I don't need a third party for such trivial garbage. I'm following my court order. He on the other hand is not.

I'm the Mom. He's the dad...he needs to learn to deal with it and quit running.

But ya know...I could make a real nusance of myself. I'll have to think about it  ;-)