Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 06:53:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Joint physical/legal custody

Started by CheatedMother, Jun 04, 2004, 01:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheatedMother

We are IN VA. There is no court order, as we have always chosen to get along.(no relationship case)

Our daughter is getting ready to start school. He wants her to go to school from his addy. ( I  can agree due to driving issues unrelated)I have always claimed her on taxes( until starting 2005 because of his income, agreed)

He was told by the school that we need an order, and I am leary., that we have joint custody but him physical custody, so she can go to school from his house.  WE have agreed to 50/50 across the board( meaning legal and physical He was told by the school that he MIGHT should have physical with me liberal visitation) That we should do this because we have different last names.(?) I do NOT agree to give him sole Phys custody.

As we are GOING TO THE SCHOOL TOGETHER to register her, as a "team"

We live in the same county, but She'd go to a different school from here.

1. If we live in the same county(so we aren't trying to get her in this system from an outside county)  and we can BOTH prove residence,  then   DO we need any order?

2. IF we SHOULD have an order, then is it feasible to have joint physical /legal and different schools, but same (small) county?

3. If #2 is yes, How  should we go about enrolling her from his addy with my consent?

socrateaser

>1. If we live in the same county(so we aren't trying to get
>her in this system from an outside county)  and we can BOTH
>prove residence,  then   DO we need any order?

No. The school is attempting to practice law without a license. They are idiots. Ignore them. You tell them whatever you want. For all they know you are both still married, and you own two homes in the area. It's none of the school's business what your private affairs are as long as the two of you can agree on what you want, and you reside within the district.

CheatedMother

We are IN VA. There is no court order, as we have always chosen to get along.(no relationship case)

Our daughter is getting ready to start school. He wants her to go to school from his addy. ( I  can agree due to driving issues unrelated)I have always claimed her on taxes( until starting 2005 because of his income, agreed)

He was told by the school that we need an order, and I am leary., that we have joint custody but him physical custody, so she can go to school from his house.  WE have agreed to 50/50 across the board( meaning legal and physical He was told by the school that he MIGHT should have physical with me liberal visitation) That we should do this because we have different last names.(?) I do NOT agree to give him sole Phys custody.

As we are GOING TO THE SCHOOL TOGETHER to register her, as a "team"

We live in the same county, but She'd go to a different school from here.

1. If we live in the same county(so we aren't trying to get her in this system from an outside county)  and we can BOTH prove residence,  then   DO we need any order?

2. IF we SHOULD have an order, then is it feasible to have joint physical /legal and different schools, but same (small) county?

3. If #2 is yes, How  should we go about enrolling her from his addy with my consent?

socrateaser

>1. If we live in the same county(so we aren't trying to get
>her in this system from an outside county)  and we can BOTH
>prove residence,  then   DO we need any order?

No. The school is attempting to practice law without a license. They are idiots. Ignore them. You tell them whatever you want. For all they know you are both still married, and you own two homes in the area. It's none of the school's business what your private affairs are as long as the two of you can agree on what you want, and you reside within the district.