Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 05:43:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can anything be done?

Started by SM_in_FL, Jul 01, 2004, 12:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM_in_FL

Hi, Soc!!
We have a slight problem with bm's live in boyfriend and need to know if anything can be done about it. Here's the background: hubby has eow and every wed visitation with SD. Last wed when he went to pick up SD he was informed by sd's older sibling that SD was not home. However, when we finally got SD later on that evening, she tells him that she was in fact there and that the live in boyfriend had instructed her older sibling to lie to dh about it. Therefore, he's basically obstructing visitation between dh and sd. Dh tried to talk to bm about it, but they were unable to reach a resolution to this issue. Soooo.......

1) Can anything be done about this to stop him from doing this sort of thing?
2) Can he be held accountable at all, since he's a third party?
3) Any other suggestions you may have would be grand!

Thanx Soc!
SM

socrateaser

>1) Can anything be done about this to stop him from doing this
>sort of thing?

Custodial interference is a crime. The DA won't prosecute for a little infraction like this, but you can put the boyfriend on notice and scare the crap out of him.

Report it to the police so there's a record of your complaint.

>2) Can he be held accountable at all, since he's a third
>party?

See above.

>3) Any other suggestions you may have would be grand!

You can send a letter to the other parent expressing your dismay about the situation (be nice), and then say something like: "I don't want to interfere with your new relationship, and I am only interested in my child's best interests, however, if your boyfriend insists on repeating this behavior in the future, I will be forced to ask the District Attorney to investigate for criminal custodial interference on your boyfriend's part, and I will ask the court to order you restrained from having your boyfriend within 300' of our child for 12 hours before and after any pickup/dropoff."