Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 09:55:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

passports

Started by rtwins, Jul 19, 2004, 12:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtwins

Hi Soc,

First, just a brief recap of last post regarding jailtime. We are waiting to hear from the prosecutor as to whether or not they will accept a lump sum payment to keep hubby out of jail. I imagine they need to get the mothers ok also.

The judge said it is all about paying child support so if the mother says no, it just goes to show vengeful she is.

Another matter has come up. Several months ago my husband signed a consent form allowing the mother to obtain passports for the kids. During this time, they were in the middle of child support and visitation issues. There was also talk of a step parent adoption.

As of last month it has become definite that step parent will not adopt and they are still trying to resolve visitation and support issues. With all this still unresolved, my husband is getting concerned about them leaving the country.

This case s being heard in Ohio.
Should anything happen to them or their mother, either here or abroad,
he has no documentation or court order stating what his responsibilty or position would be in regard to the care and custody of the kids. Right now he is not seeing the kids because they do not wish to visit, but it is not ordered by the court as such.

1. Is it a valid request to ask the court to deny the children travel until these matters are addressed and resolved?

2. Could you give some brief wording as to how this motion should be presented?

We don't even know where they are going or when but we think it will be in the Fall. With the threat of terrorism and all that is going on we want to make sure we have something concrete and in writing.

Thanks again

socrateaser

>1. Is it a valid request to ask the court to deny the children
>travel until these matters are addressed and resolved?

Yes, but your husband will lose the motion, because he's already consented to them acquiring a passport. If you didn't want the kids to leave the country, then why let them have a passport?

Don't answer that question. It was just rhetorical.

>
>2. Could you give some brief wording as to how this motion
>should be presented?

Waste of time.

rtwins

O.K. we figured it might be useless since he signed already but thanks anyway. He really had second thoughts about it but his lawyer told him to go ahead and sign because there were other ways she could obtain it without his signature.

I still have a couple questions regarding that and one regarding school info.

In the past we have contacted the school to obtain report cards etc.. The school claims that they are quite busy and can not always get newsletters and such to us in a timely manner. This has resulted in my husband missing conferences and other school functions.

The girls will be going to  junior high this year and we don't even know what school that is.

1. Can the court order the mother to inform him and provide him with necessary school info?

2. Is there another way we can establish an understanding  or order through the court that would give my husband right to custody of the children, in the event something were to happen to the mother?

3. We don't know what kind of provisions the mother has made for the kids in such an event, but can the court intervene for my husband?

Even though he is not getting any visitation right now, he is being treated like he has no rights at all. She does not inform him of anything regarding the kids. He finds out about things after the fact.

mango

I'd like the answer to that one too. We have teh same issues (in Ohio) with the schools. BM removes papers from schoolbag, and we have to beg for report cards from the school. By the time we get them it's time for the next grade card.

we even have a joint plan, mother has school placement, and no other priveledges. But for some reason teh schools don't want to work with us.

I'd also like to know what the other ways of getting a passport are. We believe the BM has gotten a passport without fatehrs consent–somehow. Even tho the law's changed, I think she got around it.

junglechicken

What would stop a parent from going to the passport office with their spouse, and obtaining a passport for the kids that way?  If it isn't immediately obvious that the spouse isn't the kid(s) bioparent, would the office really check?

jilly

To obtain a passport you have to provide a certified copy of the birth certificate, which would show the father's name on it. You also have to show your driver license.  If the two names don't match I would think that would be a clue. Of course, that's assuming that the childs last name hasn't been changed.

jilly

To obtain a passport you have to provide a certified copy of the birth certificate, which would show the father's name on it. You also have to show your driver license.  If the two names don't match I would think that would be a clue. Of course, that's assuming that the childs last name hasn't been changed.