Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 05:39:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

2 questions 1-vacations 2-move aways

Started by smtotwo, Jul 26, 2004, 06:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

I am very sure about the answer to ? #1, however, DH isn't so could you clarify this for him please?

DH is working out of state, about 50 miles from our home. During our full week of placement I took the children where he's working, and we stayed at a hotel for 2 days.
Ex-wife found out.  She called saying HER children cannot leave the state without HER permission. (actually screamed a message to voice mail)

Court order specifically says, under    
         CONCLUSIONS OF LAW

#9.   The minor children shall not be removed from the state of wisconsin EXCEPT for short vacation periods not to exceed 90 days per year, without the prior order of the court, or the prior written permission of the other parent.

1. Was what we did wrong?  Can she file contmept for this?

Next question is this...DH and I have the opportunity to purchase a 10 yr old mobile home, on 20 acres with 2 ponds, a12 x 20 addition, and a 30 x 40 pole building for  $55,000.  

However this is also out of state, the area he's working in.

Again under Conclusions of Law

#10.  Physical placement rights have been granted to a party herein,the custodial shall provide tothe other party 60 days written notice of the custodians intention to establish legal residence outside the of this state or to remove the child from this state for a period of 90 days or more, or establish legal residence and remove the child  within the state at a distance of 150 miles or more from the other parent.  Notice shall be sent certified mail, with a copy to the court.

1.   Can DH and I move out of state, or do we need her or the courts permission? Or does this only apply to the CP?

We would, of course be filing a new parenting plan with the court to adjust placement to the distance we'd be moving from the ex.

Thanks for the help,  we'd hate to lose out on this opportunity!!

socrateaser

>   1. Was what we did wrong?  Can she file contmept for this?

You did nothing wrong. She can file, but she'll lose.

>1.   Can DH and I move out of state, or do we need her or the
>courts permission? Or does this only apply to the CP?

Only applies to the CP.